HOW CAN I BUY A LH TRADIONAL HOMES

CarolynBrown1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i have a linden home however I also have a mainland spot that I like to build on. How can I purchase a LH like the one I currently have? I have purchased all these attachments/add ons to make my house bigger. Now I like the house so much I want it on my land as well. I have been looking on MP for 3 days not with no luck. Can someone tell me where I can buy a full house from and not the add ons. 

8 answers to this question

44 minutes ago, CarolynBrown1 said:

even if I want to put it on my mainland

Yes, even if you wanted to you can't. They are built specific to Bellisseria. Not to be snarky (maybe a bit) but you have been in SL for 7 1/2 years and didn't think to research anything before you spent money on addons? All the information is out there right for everyone to read so if you didn't know you have no one to blame but yourself. When people say "I wish I'd have known..." I think to myself that the information isn't just going to come to you. You have to consciously look for it and do your research and the information is not hard to find or hidden at all.

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian

47 minutes ago, CarolynBrown1 said:

even if I want to put it on my mainland

you can buy ány house for your mainland home, also some that are in the "style"  of a linden home.. go check MP.
Many add on's are mod and copy, so can re-fit those for other houses.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

I think the textures—most if not all—and maybe some sculptmaps used in Linden Homes are publicly available at the InfoHubs of the corresponding continents* so making your own should be possible. It would be wrong, I think, to completely copy their designs without some explicit permission, but I think the Lab would encourage us to make the most of the textures and other content they made public when the homes were released—especially if we had fun doing it.

*E.g., for "Meadowbrook" see secondlife:///app/objectim/3989b0ce-404d-38a5-6945-6acaa00a7cfb?name=Linden%20Homes%20%2D%20Meadowbrook%20Textures&owner=3d49d163-6ced-420b-83c9-7ae16f6fc9b3&slurl=Meadowbrook/79.200000/169.100000/40.169650

15 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Yes, even if you wanted to you can't. They are built specific to Bellisseria. Not to be snarky (maybe a bit) but you have been in SL for 7 1/2 years and didn't think to research anything before you spent money on addons? All the information is out there right for everyone to read so if you didn't know you have no one to blame but yourself. When people say "I wish I'd have known..." I think to myself that the information isn't just going to come to you. You have to consciously look for it and do your research and the information is not hard to find or hidden at all.

wow was that really necessary? yes and no is ok, being nasty is not.

Edited by CarolynBrown1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.