Why Mainland?

Waialae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 9/10/2021 at 9:21 AM, Karly Kiyori said:

.....You may be thinking of mainland communities like Campbell Coast. If you rent there, then obviously you're subject to the landlord's rules. But if you buy, there is absolutely nothing else  preventing you from building what you want. You may choose to be polite and build in-theme, but there's nothing forcing you to. Which is why I think the owner of Campbell Coast is patently daft for offering parcels for sale instead of rent only.  

i actually see it as a mistake that in the past, plots of land were sold in the middle of Campbell Coast, and that has taken its revenge from time to time: But I wouldn't call the old owners stupid. We honour their memory, because they contributed a lot to making the Mainland a bit more beautiful.

Since the change of ownership, only rentals have been made, not sales. on the contrary, land has been bought.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 9/10/2021 at 1:04 PM, Waialae said:

I understand from Linden Homes discussions that some of the original home styles are being phased out (e.g. Japanese style homes or the fantasy mushroom ones). They are no longer an option for new premium members, and the old mainland parcels with those Linden Homes are / will be eliminated. This makes me wonder if LL has plans to eventually build new blank-slate mainland continents and phase out the old ones, one abandoned parcel at a time.

I wonder if you could nail down where and when and from which Linden you heard this statement. Because I believe the Lindens do intend to eliminate the old Linden Homes, apparently by offering existing residents in them the newer homes. In this interview, Patch Linden appears to indicate that they will phase out these old Linden homes.

But each time I specifically ask about the ways and means of this transition at the MonCeirge meetings, I get the answer from Wendi Linden that the Lindens are *not* going to remove the homes or swap out people. That no one will be evicted from their homes (if their subscription is paid). So the speculation endlessly churns and then someone on the forums comes along again and seems to speak definitively, so I have to try to pin it down once again.

I recently was able to get an old Linden Home without any trouble. In fact they do come up as choices along with Bellisseria. It may be that certain styles of homes aren't being offered, but others are. This needs to be verified.

• Like 3

Hi Prokofy. Like you, I heard that Patch interview and saw forum pages that indicated old Linden homes and their continents were being phased out. I suspect that such plans were canceled or delayed when COVID-19 quarantining brought SL a flurry of new and returning residents. A shortage of Belli housing was already an issue, even before the SL population increase, so canceling plans to eliminate the dated housing was a sensible short-term solution. Now, after a period of relative emptiness, new premium residents are occupying the older housing and likely turned older housing into a money-maker again. This means that at least in the short term SL is less likely to proceed with the "urban renewal" projects we all heard about. Note: this is entirely my business-head speaking; I have no inside scoop from the Lindens. Us non-Lindens are left looking at the changing What without knowing the Why or When, leading to uninformed theories and guesses - like my own.

I would like to write about my experiences in the introductory post. I lived on standalone regions for years until I discovered sailing for myself. Since then, I have mostly lived for rent, but now for 4 years on mainland, always on the water, of course. It's just nice to get out of the house and get in the boat or car, visit neighbours or just go exploring. As I also love landscaping, I helped build Campbell Coast on the south coast of Corsica and even though there has been a change of ownership, it is growing and thriving and new houses for rent are being added all the time. Everyone has access to the open water and Lindenroad and many activities are available - sailing - fishing - parties - gallery visits and housewarmings. Horse rezzer and zip lines are also there and much more. 
I would never move to a single sim again, I just miss the community. I've never had ban lines and I don't think you need any. Who can take anything away here and if an unpleasant contemporary really does appear - well, there is a ban list.

There is certainly still a lot of abandoned land and also many ugly corners where you don't want to live. But you don't have to, because there are beautiful places and you can help to make the Mainland more attractive and beautiful.

new houses for rent - emyniad

port novatron

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 9/14/2021 at 5:33 PM, kitten Mills said:

There is certainly still a lot of abandoned land and also many ugly corners where you don't want to live. But you don't have to, because there are beautiful places and you can help to make the Mainland more attractive and beautiful.

new houses for rent - emyniad

Okay - first… your little cottage is adorable. I need it to live. Where did you get it? 

Also - there is abandoned land near Campbell Coast??? Send me a landmark! Help a girl out!! :) 

That’s like saying there is a Bay City Parcel out there with my name on it. 😘

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Feorie Frimon said:

Okay - first… your little cottage is adorable. I need it to live. Where did you get it? 

Also - there is abandoned land near Campbell Coast??? Send me a landmark! Help a girl out!! :) 

That’s like saying there is a Bay City Parcel out there with my name on it. 😘

Thank you ;)
The little cottage is from Dust Bunny, maple cottage - you can find it on the MP.
Campbell Coast includes the regions or parts of Edge Walker, Erazor, Laserlight, Sunstream, Durdane and Emyniad. A central point is the Welcome Center, from there you can have a good look around. 
I don't know of any abandoned land in the area at the moment, but things are changing all the time and you might find some.

Have fun exploring!!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 2:57 AM, kitten Mills said:

I don't know of any abandoned land in the area at the moment

This area in Poor Latrice is kitty-cornered to Erazor Region and is Abandoned:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Poorlatrice/12/10/100  and 2 nice parcels in Majipoor are for Sale at reasonable prices here:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Majipoor/18/87/40 and http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Majipoor/39/131/40 and even a bit of Abandoned Land: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Majipoor/33/172/100  I'd LOVE to see lots more roads and paths and ways to explore deeper and deeper into the Corsica Continent.  Corsica has some of my favourite coastlines in SL ♥

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.