Blue lines when right click mouse

Leila Refenoir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 982 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

14 answers to this question

Your photos of your screen are too small to make out the name of the object you're right-clicking on, but what you're essentially seeing is a mesh object around you that is not rendering in, most likely because of slow connection issues.

I note from your two previous threads that you have experienced a lot of trouble with rendering in SL. The tracert that you posted in one of those threads shows a report from <REDACTED> that the destination host is unreachable. Your hops within the country that your tracert shows you connecting from seem fine, but they start to time out at hop 9. This may be the point where your connection attempts to go out of country, and it could be that the node you're trying to connect to is down.

In addition, you shouldn't be tracerouting to sim[number here].agni.lindenlab.com anymore. All Second Life regions are now hosted on Amazon AWS servers, so I'm wondering if the issue lies more in that direction. That may be worth exploring in more depth.

Panterapolnocy gave you some good advice for things to check, here. Did you follow that advice? You appear now to at least be able to see yourself inworld and for the 'grey formless scene' to have vanished, but you're now having issues rendering mesh.

Edited by Skell Dagger
Apparently this post needs to be hidden and approved by a moderator??? I've redacted the IP address that was given in the previous thread, in case it was that causing the issue.
  • Like 1

thank you for helpful reply.

the result is a different sort of lines. see attachment.

I need to sort this out as it "hides" stuff in say a house, sofa and chairs etc.

I been away for over a year so have a lot of catching up to do.

I hope it proper to ask you where you got that stunning face?:)

Leila

SL 4 20210818_162456.jpg

Bummer.  It did look like wireframe to me.  I hope someone else has a cleverer idea.

1 minute ago, Leila Refenoir said:

I hope it proper to ask you where you got that stunning face?:)

Proper?  Sure.  I've been tweaking it slowly for almost 15 years.  Everything else I attribute to clean living and a healthy diet.

Apparently everything that I post in this thread has to be hidden and auto-moderated, for some reason. Let's try a third time and this time take out everything but the absolute bare essentials:

1. Your photos of your screen are too small to make out the name of the object you're right-clicking on, but what you're essentially seeing is a mesh object around you that is not rendering in, most likely because of slow connection issues.

2. All Second Life regions are hosted on Amazon cloud servers now. Perhaps it's worth checking to see if somehow the connection to that is being blocked

(I swear, if this post turns pink and is auto-modded as well...)

ETA: Thank you, whoever approved that second post. And sorry for the mini-rant in the 'reason for edit' box of the other attempt. This auto-moderation is truly frustrating when you're genuinely trying to help someone.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leila Refenoir said:

Thank you for your advice.

SL Viewer and latest version. I been away for over a year so doing "catchup".  It does it anywhere. Object is not involved. It does it anywhere

thanks anyway you are very kind.  Leila.:)

Please check your connection to Amazon's cloud servers. I noticed from your previous thread that your traceroute went to the old style of server name, so that is worth exploring.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 982 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.