What is a legacy name

SimplyJiwoon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, SimplyJiwoon said:

I joined recently and i still don't know what a legacy name is pls hell

Legacy name is username, it's like an address to help people find you when you apply for a job in SL. Legacy name values a lot more than a Display name. You can also define it as Legacy name being your original name, and Display name is your nickname. When you login to your SL, your viewer needs the username [legacy name], or if you are sitting through those chairs where you get gifts, they take your legacy name and not Display name first letter. For example: Your display name being Maria, but your sl name/legacy name/username is: SimplyJiwoon ; If you go to a store looking for the gifting chairs, they give you the letter "M", you cannot sit on that chair because your display name being "Maria", but if the chair gives the letter "S", you can sit on it and receive a gift. Another example you can take it from this post of yours, the forum shows only our legacy names and not display names. Your legacy name is "SimplyJiwoon" ; Alwin's legacy name is "Alwin Alcott" ; Eddy's legacy name is "Eddy Vortex" ; and mine is Karenx0 Resident [although, the "resident" part is kinda invisible].

• Like 3

7 hours ago, karenx0 said:

Eddy's legacy name is "Eddy Vortex" ; and mine is Karenx0 Resident

although there's no difference in the have or have not's ... Eddy's name isn't legacy but a new premium bought double name, and yours isn't legacy but a normal after 2010 username.  :)
The legacy names are all pre 2010.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

although there's no difference in the have or have not's ... Eddy's name isn't legacy but a new premium bought double name, and yours isn't legacy but a normal after 2010 username.  :)
The legacy names are all pre 2010.

i like the legacy name :[ not a resident person =[[

So legacy means different things only as far as account type. Before and after the use of Resident as your legacy last name.  

Legacy accounts are before the use of Resident as a last name.  The use of Resident as a last name is considered a legacy NAME.

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

So legacy means different things only as far as account type. Before and after the use of Resident as your legacy last name.  

Legacy accounts are before the use of Resident as a last name.  The use of Resident as a last name is considered a legacy NAME.

depends what meaning is given to "legacy".. it can mean old, heritage and a few more, but not for current names, Resident as so is no legacy name/NAME   :) it's the current system.

• Like 1

Legacy Name = User name

This is what most people are referring to when they ask for your legacy name.  They want the name you use to log in and not your display name.

Although technically, legacy names are the ones before 2010, anymore, people use legacy name differently.  On applications, they'll ask you for your legacy name and not display name.  Meaning, the name that is searchable.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

There is a paid service, I think $40, to get a legacy name.

You want to be dedicated before you spend that kind of money on a name for a character in an MMO though...

If this was World of Cosbycraft, that'd only cost you $15 or so, in less 'handsy' MMOs it'd be $5-10.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

16 hours ago, karenx0 said:

Legacy name is username, it's like an address to help people find you when you apply for a job in SL. Legacy name values a lot more than a Display name. You can also define it as Legacy name being your original name, and Display name is your nickname. When you login to your SL, your viewer needs the username [legacy name], or if you are sitting through those chairs where you get gifts, they take your legacy name and not Display name first letter. For example: Your display name being Maria, but your sl name/legacy name/username is: SimplyJiwoon ; If you go to a store looking for the gifting chairs, they give you the letter "M", you cannot sit on that chair because your display name being "Maria", but if the chair gives the letter "S", you can sit on it and receive a gift. Another example you can take it from this post of yours, the forum shows only our legacy names and not display names. Your legacy name is "SimplyJiwoon" ; Alwin's legacy name is "Alwin Alcott" ; Eddy's legacy name is "Eddy Vortex" ; and mine is Karenx0 Resident [although, the "resident" part is kinda invisible].

Thank you so much now i understand ;D

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.