Bummer, can't get my dog back again

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had my dog attached to me to walk him at Calas, TP'd home, detached him and he vanished. Gone, not in my inventory. So I got out the retrieval box, clicked on it to recover him, and uh oh, it wont' work. Script warning debug error.... Yikes!

Any ideas?

non-recovery.png

• Sad 1

Well I have tried everything I possibly can, and cannot get my dog back. Someone told me he might be buried on my land somewhere, but I don't know how to look for that, and the retrieval box will not work. There is no way to contact the maker of the dog for support, so I guess I'm screwed and I've lost my dog. I'm very bummed here.

VERY VERY VERY BUMMED!

Edited by AnnHerrick

3 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Well I have tried everything I possibly can, and cannot get my dog back. Someone told me he might be buried on my land somewhere, but I don't know how to look for that, and the retrieval box will not work. There is no way to contact the maker of the dog for support, so I guess I'm screwed and I've lost my dog. I'm very bummed here.

Just use your camera controls go straight down and under the land..It's paper thin.. then look around , also try the corners of the land..

Are you on one of the mainlands or on a region renting from someone?

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

Just use your camera controls go straight down and under the land..It's paper thin.. then look around , also try the corners of the land..

Belliseria

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Well he's not down there anywhere that I can see, and I've cammed all over down there, under the land it gets into water and I can't see anything in that either.

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Have you relogged since you lost him?  Disappearances of no-copy objects sometimes return to inventory -- often in the Lost & Found folder -- after a relog.

Yes, relogging was one of the things I tried, and I've checked inventory for him after that too, he's just not there.

4 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Well he's not down there anywhere that I can see, and I've cammed all over down there, under the land it gets into water and I can't see anything in that either.

You can try using, About Land..

Once About land is opened up, Go to the objects tab, then on the right hand side of that window you will see a button that say's, show.. That will highlight all your objects..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You can try using, About Land..

Once About land is opened up, Go to the objects tab, then on the right hand side of that window you will see a button that say's, show.. That will highlight all your objects..

Nothing there I can see.

about land.png

Log in with another viewer and check.  Sometimes missing items can be found that way.  If it shows in the inventory of another viewer, then use Part 2 of the below instructions to get the inventories sync'd between viewers.  NOTE that when doing the steps, if Firestorm is not your main viewer, then substitute the applicable viewers in the steps mentioned.

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_missing_inventory

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Log in with another viewer and check.  Sometimes missing items can be found that way.  If it shows in the inventory of another viewer, then use Part 2 of the below instructions to get the inventories sync'd between viewers.  NOTE that when doing the steps, if Firestorm is not your main viewer, then substitute the applicable viewers in the steps mentioned.

okay, I'll try that.

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Just tried the SL viewer and it will not let me log in for some reason.

If you just lost the dog today, he may show up tomorrow or even the next day.  I have had that happen often. Can't explain the "why" of it though.  IN THE FUTURE you should keep the UUID of your no copy animals. Then if they don't return in a day or so you can contact support and give them the UUID and that helps them find missing things. No guarantee's of course.    

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Where it says object owners, click that circled arrow to refresh it.. your name should show up on the bottom.. Highlight your name and then click show.

Okay, I'll try that. I got in with the SL viewer, but I've not used it in 8 years and have no idea what I'm doing with it.

11 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Where it says object owners, click that circled arrow to refresh it.. your name should show up on the bottom.. Highlight your name and then click show.

Okay I did that, and it highlights everything in the house, but my dog isn't there, and I used that to look under the house all around too, not there either.

8 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

If you just lost the dog today, he may show up tomorrow or even the next day.  I have had that happen often. Can't explain the "why" of it though.  IN THE FUTURE you should keep the UUID of your no copy animals. Then if they don't return in a day or so you can contact support and give them the UUID and that helps them find missing things. No guarantee's of course.    

I sure hope you are right about that Chic, and he turns up at some point. Otherwise I'm out my dog and all the money I paid for him. I have no idea what a UUID is, so no luck with that.

only in FIrestorm, not the SL viewer -

World/Area search

enter the dogs name or whatever it was called in inventory

or enter your name as owner, and search the entire list of objects rezzed on your parcel

Edited by Jaylinbridges

11 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Okay, I'll try that. I got in with the SL viewer, but I've not used it in 8 years and have no idea what I'm doing with it.

Yeah, I use that viewer so seldom that I can barely do anything with it.  The only reason to log in with it was to check if your dog showed in inventory there.  If it did, then you could use the Firestorm instructions to sync the inventories and get the dog showing in Firestorm.

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah, I use that viewer so seldom that I can barely do anything with it.  The only reason to log in with it was to check if your dog showed in inventory there.  If it did, then you could use the Firestorm instructions to sync the inventories and get the dog showing in Firestorm.

Well I now remember why I went with Firestorm. I like it a LOT better.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.