Get land back that's deeded to a deleted/inactive group

ashleypayton0

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello everyone, 

my land is deeded to a group but i kinda forgot about that and now the group was automatically deleted because there weren't enough members in the group. Does anyone know how i can get the land back so that i'm the owner again? 

Thanks in advance and have a nice day! 

11 answers to this question

The land is not directly from linden labs. So i guess i need  to contact the real estate company i bought the land from? 

And the group was auto-deleted. I can only see it when i click on my land but i can't do anything with the group anymore even though i was the owner of it. 

If possible, set the land for sale at 0L or 1L and buy it.  I believe that was how I had to do it when I wanted to change the group mine was under.  If your land won't allow, then you'll need to contact the company who owns it.

Edited by Rowan Amore

1 hour ago, ashleypayton0 said:

The land is not directly from linden labs. So i guess i need  to contact the real estate company i bought the land from? 

And the group was auto-deleted. I can only see it when i click on my land but i can't do anything with the group anymore even though i was the owner of it. 

You were renting the land, LL cant do anything, so your only help is the landlord. If the rent also expired, you might be out of luck.
Groups with only one member will disapear within a few days ...mostly unrecoverable.

36 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

What if the group has no donated tier?

If a group owns mainland and does not have enough tier donated to cover it, the group owner gets a warning message. If the group continues to have insufficient tier and falls into arrears, the land would be reclaimed by LL, and at that point, the group would have no land and insufficient members, so it would be deleted by LL.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

If a group owns mainland and does not have enough tier donated to cover it, the group owner gets a warning message. If the group continues to have insufficient tier and falls into arrears, the land would be reclaimed by LL, and at that point, the group would have no land and insufficient members, so it would be deleted by LL.

i was wondering if that was the case. As in the past I have had group-owned land where I was the only member and the group continued to exist as the tier contribution was up to date

not that I recommend anyone doing this, as if by mistake you leave the land group then problem as you can't invite yourself back into the group. Best always to have alt account as co-owner

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.