Deploy Plan for the Week of 2021-06-28

Mazidox Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server:

No roll for Second Life Server this week.

Second Life RC:

We'll be deploying a new version to all RCs this week, version 2021-06-23.560819, which will include several internal fixes as well as implementing BUG-202864 and a fix for BUG-230881 which caused last week's rollback.

On Region Restarts:

We've seen some reports that automatic restarts aren't happening as planned and are investigating.

• Thanks 5

@Mazidox LindenYes indeed, Woods of Heaven was 21 days without a restart so I restarted it myself this evening about 30minutes ago. 

Also in your present post the Release Notes and the JIRA entries do not have hyperlinks as might be expected.

Edited by Aishagain
Additional information

13 hours ago, Aishagain said:

@Mazidox LindenYes indeed, Woods of Heaven was 21 days without a restart so I restarted it myself this evening about 30minutes ago. 

Also in your present post the Release Notes and the JIRA entries do not have hyperlinks as might be expected.

Yeah, as long as I tracked them down, may as well edit them in:

13 hours ago, Mazidox Linden said:

We'll be deploying a new version to all RCs this week, version 2021-06-23.560819, which will include several internal fixes as well as implementing BUG-202864* and a fix for BUG-230881** which caused last week's rollback.

• Lindens
18 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Curious why code in that area even changed to being with. 🤔

We were making some changes to ensure we get fresh data rather than cached data from internal services when we need it, and that code happens to be adjacent to the "send custom headers" code.

• Thanks 4

19 hours ago, Mazidox Linden said:

We were making some changes to ensure we get fresh data rather than cached data from internal services when we need it, and that code happens to be adjacent to the "send custom headers" code.

Ah. Now I know what collateral damage means as applied to computer programming...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.