How Does Your SL Look Today?

Playing around in a sandbox, after being declined my hugs by the anti-hug establishment in another thread 👿 Anyway, we won't let them and their personal space get in our way! 😋 The discussion shifted toward Arcadia stuffs, and I decided to go to the sandbox and have some fun.

Snapshot_692.thumb.jpg.eaf9d64552b4cd4f5cd6b1f23c0bfc19.jpg

It was great, I was having fun driving my bus when this cabbie came out of the middle of nowhere and smashed into my bus.  Thankfully no one was hurt, the driver said something or another about godzilla, and ran off.. pffft.. Who is going to pay for this mess!

Snapshot_696.thumb.jpg.f8e0a71ea1197557a065dbf7756dc3ea.jpg

Whelp, seeing that he is not going to move his car outta my way, I suppose I have to do it myself!

Snapshot_697.thumb.jpg.30d4e345f228d59fa8dd1b007227e501.jpg

😈😈

I eventually decided to play some video games, to release some tension.  I also had some yummy fried food, and a mountain dew.

Snapshot_694.thumb.jpg.0c28d1f708d4fc33834b336746775cdb.jpg

Pfft.. Galaga totally cheated.

Snapshot_695.thumb.jpg.c29fe228c8b2a40f323fffd1288000fc.jpg

I had to go to the bathroom anyway. it is really dingy in the slums.  

Snapshot_698.thumb.jpg.eb577ccdc82b20393beee6b106bf927c.jpg

Such a wonderful view, it was fun while it lasted but now it is time to wrap it all up and put it back in a box.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Playing around in a sandbox, after being declined my hugs by the anti-hug establishment in another thread 👿 

Why would anyone decline your hugs? I wouldn't. I'm sure my wife and my friends wouldn't either.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Why would anyone decline your hugs? I wouldn't. I'm sure my wife and my friends wouldn't either.

For some, I think it's because they got all them teeth but no toothbrush.  Vampires can be a bit standoffish I think, I believe they were vampires anyway, one of them.  Pffft.. vampires, go figure!  A hug must be like a crucifix, or sunlight, or perhaps garlic.  

Perhaps it was my breath come to think of it, I did eat a lot of pizza and garlic bread in the arcade earlier. 

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

19 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

No why.

I have. And your answer is : "Of course you did."

:P

Edited by Ted McGregor
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

OK, I'm thoroughly confused. What???

Do you always accept any hug from any stranger inworld ? Eventhough friendly ? :|

PS It's not a big deal. Istelathis is also mentioning it half tongue-in-cheeck. ;)

Edited by Ted McGregor
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

For some, I think it's because they got all them teeth but no toothbrush.  Vampires can be a bit standoffish I think, I believe they were vampires anyway, one of them.  Pffft.. vampires, go figure!  A hug must be like a crucifix, or sunlight, or perhaps garlic.  

Perhaps it was my breath come to think of it, I did eat a lot of pizza and garlic bread in the arcade earlier.

To quote Torquay's most (in)famous hotel owner - "Don't touch me, I don't know where you've been!". 

I do love a good hug, but I don't dispense them to just anyone off the street! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Ummm...I accept MUCH more than just friendly hugs...

I know. I might have payed for it too, if you hadn't called it off .. :P

.. still .. that was not my question ..

Edited by Ted McGregor
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Ted McGregor said:

I know. I might have payed for it too, if you hadn't called it off .. :P

.. still .. that was not my question ..

If I called something off, it was for a good reason. And that would have to have been in one of my  female AV's if you were willing to pay. Most likely Pearl.

I would accept a hug from a female AV stranger Why not? It might go further. It would just be odd, that they weren't asking for more. Now though, after your comment, I would be suspicious. That female AV could be YOU.

2 minutes ago, Ted McGregor said:

Nevermind. You obviously don't follow every thread.

I don't. I'm mostly just here (with a few exceptions). My interest is about what people are doing inworld. I wouldn't have the time to BE inworld if I were to follow the threads more extensively.  

Sorry for derailing the thread 😔 I was just having a little fun with another thread I had participated in, I did not mean to cause any problems in this one or that one.  

Anyway, with the release of the Senra avatars, I have been working on the Mesh Head.  Outside of the mesh ruth head, I think this is the first one that I have had that I can modify so I've been going for a look I enjoy.  I'm not very particular on my avatar's appearance, often using a mishmash of whatever I find easily and inexpensively, but sometimes it is just fun to play around with the sliders and find a shape that I like.

Snapshot_709.thumb.png.d7148f57ddfc36fa6e7cdf8c7c931322.png

This is what I have come up with so far, an artist I definitely am not.  But I kind of like it it.  I think I will stick with this one for a while, I don't like spending too much time working on my avatar, I would rather be out exploring.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Sorry for derailing the thread 😔 I was just having a little fun with another thread I had participated in, I did not mean to cause any problems in this one or that one.  

Anyway, with the release of the Senra avatars, I have been working on the Mesh Head.  Outside of the mesh ruth head, I think this is the first one that I have had that I can modify so I've been going for a look I enjoy.  I'm not very particular on my avatar's appearance, often using a mishmash of whatever I find easily and inexpensively, but sometimes it is just fun to play around with the sliders and find a shape that I like.

This is what I have come up with so far, an artist I definitely am not.  But I kind of like it it.  I think I will stick with this one for a while, I don't like spending too much time working on my avatar, I would rather be out exploring.

Lol, I don't think you caused any problems. Not from my perspective anyways.

And yes, it can take months to get get the exact look you want. But if exploring is your thing, there's no point spending a lot of time or money on your AV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

If you want something better, that's free, enter the Lucybody "draw". It's very close to Maitreya, and you'll end up with it after a day or two. If I remember right, it takes 300 "entrants", and then everybody gets one. But again, you'll spend time on something that isn't that important to you.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Is that Ichabod Craine?

No, but I did put his clothes on when I was done picking over his remains. And I haven't washed any of it since, 'cos he was, like, famous and stuff.

Relevant. Or revenant, one of those "rev-ant" words.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Haha 2

snapthingy_004.thumb.png.f5578d13f157e6734efb5c4b41618cde.png

Here we go. I know, I know, I swore off selfies, but it was asked for. Sorta.

The matchlock pistol I made on an older account; I tell people it's a family heirloom, as is the one bullet I have for it. Somewhere or other.

As for the lighting, well, deal with it. My model wouldn't pose anywhere brighter. It was difficult enough getting him to pose for this pic.

XD

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, PheebyKatz said:

As for the lighting, well, deal with it. My model wouldn't pose anywhere brighter. It was difficult enough getting him to pose for this pic.

XD

Sure, freedom of the photographer. 😋
Just remember there are these windlight settings:
- Bree's appleblossom
- Studio Light
- [AnaLu] AvatarOptimal
- CalWL

- Annan Adored Optimal Skin (no shadows)
etc.

Or, after the shot, you can modify brightness and contrast.
I often add a +32 brightness and +24 contrast to improve portraits.

• Like 1