How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

17 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Enough with wandering the hotel or I'll never get any RL chores done. 😅

By the way, did you meet the hotel ghost? 🙂

I MUST have one for villa Utrecht. Every interesting building needs at least one ghost! Anyone know a proper ghost for sale? Experiences with quality SL ghosts, anyone?

• Like 2

RL Hotel Chelsea vs SL Hotel Chelsea, lobby and stairwell.

As you can see, this is an a-typical hotel. Not a standard styled lobby, but a cosy colourful mishmash of furniture and most importantly, lots of resident art! I think the creator of the SL version managed to convey the atmosphere well. Kudos!

hotelchelsea_lobby.jpg

hotelchelsea_trappenhuis.jpg

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, archangel969 said:

By the way, did you meet the hotel ghost? 🙂

I MUST have one for villa Utrecht. Every interesting building needs at least one ghost! Anyone know a proper ghost for sale? Experiences with quality SL ghosts, anyone?

Not yet. I'll need to gather some hunting tools first. ;)

Unfortunately, I don't know of any decent ghosts on MP.  Sorry :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/11/2023 at 5:11 PM, archangel969 said:

Now I feel really stupid, because I thougt the elevators didn't work, but now I have used them at last LOL

Snapshot_2081208203_001.png

19 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Enough with wandering the hotel or I'll never get any RL chores done. 😅

original_63c0f2622b507025813e04f8.png

We should all do a Chelsea elevator picture theme :D

Snapshot_021.thumb.jpg.71871b95483a1eed1177de49b849e2fb.jpg

I really love this building, there is an event occurring right now and I am a bit too shy to attend it.  I did get a snapshot of the outside though.

Snapshot_022.thumb.jpg.cc69f825fae0b5c7615a978eaad11722.jpg

• Like 9

I landed a room with a front side balcony at Chelsea Hotel. I used up 28 LI so far and I'm not done yet. A few friends came over to hang out.

original_63c25aedf7069f21170f9a29.png

The 8-face display panels I used to make the wall hangings are awesome. They are like 0.5 LI each and if you link two of them together, LI goes down to 1.

original_63c25b7140f40a3ed54e014b.png

original_63c25d8532df2921e169c751.png

Is that a giant cat by the window?

original_63c25c5dbbed4b3fa06872bc.png

original_63c25c0564a7ab718af226c4.png

Maybe I'll put up a style card later.

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Istelathis said:

We should all do a Chelsea elevator picture theme :D

Snapshot_021.thumb.jpg.71871b95483a1eed1177de49b849e2fb.jpg

I really love this building, there is an event occurring right now and I am a bit too shy to attend it.  I did get a snapshot of the outside though.

Snapshot_022.thumb.jpg.cc69f825fae0b5c7615a978eaad11722.jpg

Awesome! If you told me you wanted to go we could go together, I also have that shyness, but mostly I go anyways. And I wanted to see more people around here then the hotel ghost LOL. So I went there but I could not hear sound, but the visuals were great! LOL. I read that this is a problem with some streams that they reach not more then twenty people. I had a great time anyways and it was nice to meet the hotel manager and poet Shyla the Super Gecko ( aka KriJon Resident). You must tell her how you love the hotel, she would certainly be happy to know! That's where they doing it for.

Oh and it was photoshop raining LOL. I have an umbrella that I can use to fly like Mary Poppins, but I didn't succeed to make a picture while flying along the buildings, took too much power, but it 's such fun.

Snapshot_2081208204_005.png

Snapshot_2081208206_004.png

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I landed a room with a front side balcony at Chelsea Hotel. I used up 28 LI so far and I'm not done yet. A few friends came over to hang out.

The 8-face display panels I used to make the wall hangings are awesome. They are like 0.5 LI each and if you link two of them together, LI goes down to 1.

You made it! I am not alone with the hotel ghost anymore LOL!

That's really awesome what you did with the room, you are a stylist at heart and it's also 'very Chelsea.'

Great to see more people at Chelsea bringing diferent styles. We are all unique, and you can even express that whitin the limit of 50 prims, that's great isn't it? I have 48 prims now, Two spare ones for the animations with props.

The Jean Paul Gaultier wallpaper is not on MP, I got it from the internet and used it on a prim.. It's less or more seamless, anyway, it looks good but it's acquired taste.

And there ARE people now. I just went to Chelsea to take the third picture and there were two residents chatting in capitals using many 'OMG's' and talking about people of the hotel. They were in front of my room and were now talking about me 'OH I SAW THAT MAN'S RL PIC IN HIS BIO. HE HAS A BIG NOSE I LOVE MEN WITH BIG NOSES.' 'HE HAS AN INTERESTING BIO' 'OH I CAN SEE HIM, HE IS DRESSED COOL BUT HIS FACE IS KIND OF PLASTIC' Well, I chatted a while with the ladies which was fun, I 'm not easely offended, and I thought it was quite humoureus, and they were a bit tipsy, but very nice and I greeted them as 'the man with the big nose and plastic face.' LOL

Snapshot_2081208174_002.png

Yes, there is definately a giant cat behind me ;-).

Snapshot_2081208201_004.png

Snapshot_2081208205_002.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Where's Leonard and Janis?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Where's Leonard and Janis?

Leonard is in Montreal,, and Janis is in the Pacific Ocean.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Haha 4

On 1/14/2023 at 1:53 AM, Eddy Vortex said:

Not yet. I'll need to gather some hunting tools first. ;)

Unfortunately, I don't know of any decent ghosts on MP.  Sorry :(

And I must ask Shyla what kind of eerie music is playing at some times. I don't mean the music stream but that spooky male choir. It gives you the chills which I actually like because I love mystery, horror and scary things. Maybe it has anything to do with an art project that played at the RL Chelsea, but maybe it's just music from one of the guests.

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 5

Hmmm..  wonder what happened here?

Snapshot_294.thumb.png.ee96e6c38af4ca5c82fbaa77640cd605.png

Have to strike a pose, notice my weapon is attached to my back rather than in my hand.. not the best tactic to use while zombies are roaming the street.. my vanity resulted in a Darwin award shortly after.

Snapshot_027.thumb.jpg.021efb834c09acc65316e54a0b2c5301.jpg

Someone has unleashed the zombies!  Run away!

zombies.thumb.png.93b41808cf2845af2337bd8b28f1c104.png

For some reason I can't get quick snapshot to work at all in either the FireStorm or Alchemy viewer (default shortcut is ctrl-') so getting a decent shot while actually playing the game proved to be difficult.

I found the correct shortcut it is ctrl-` rather than ctrl-'  lol, they look the same but they are different keys.  for those of you interested this will make taking snapshots a lot easier while you are on the go, it takes the snapshot directly to your screenshots directory rather than opening the window and having to manually push the save button.  This is fantastic for while in mouselook.

Edited by Istelathis
Was using wrong shortcut key
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

I found the correct shortcut it is ctrl-` rather than ctrl-'  lol, they look the same but they are different keys.  for those of you interested this will make taking snapshots a lot easier while you are on the go, it takes the snapshot directly to your screenshots directory rather than opening the window and having to manually push the save button.  This is fantastic for while in mouselook.

This is really good to know! I always wanted to make a snapshot while I am using my bumberchute (umbrella + parachute). When using it it takes to much power to make a proper picture so when I try it all is freezing. But it is so much fun! With a screenshot I must be able to take a pic from my flight as Angelus Poppins.

And great exciting pictures by the way!

• Like 3