maitreya BoM issue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Last week I was able to use different BoM layers on my avatar without any problems
Until inattention I right-clicked on my 'Inventory' and 'detach all'.

I thought not to panic (just wear everything again) But now I have the following problem.

On my face I can wear makeup / freckles / lipstick etc ... without any problems.
(so with the head everything is ok)

example: -I want to add layers on top (Lelutka) and that works perfectly.
            But if I want to use layers intended for head & body
            or single body
            (eg freckled face & body) it is only applied to the head.
            And not on the 'maitreya body'.

I do not wear the 'alpha' of the 'maitryea'.
When I wear the (Maitreya Bakes on Mesh Relay HUD) the body becomes completely transparent.

I have tried a redeliver of the body but the problem remains the same.

It makes me desperate and at my wits end :(

I think anything you want on the bottom you want to “wear”. Other layers that go on top you want to “add”. Usually I “wear” my body skin and face skin and “add” everything else. If the body and head are using the same system layer then “wear” the body and “add” everything else.

Edited by Finite

You shall not wear any "relay HUD" at all. Wear your Maitreya HUD and turn on BoM there. Select "Skin/Base" and you find the Bakes on Mesh tab next to the skin presets. Try to toggle this on and off.

If you have activated BoM and your body disappears, you are wearing an alpha layer. Some brands name their alpha layers in a confusing way. I think Lelutka does that. Try to look in the head folder and see if you wear an alpha layer. Maybe you think you wear an eye alpha, but instead you have on a body alpha.

Edited by Marianne Little
changed a typo and added the last
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Freya Humby said:

is there a possibility to change the color of the head and body at the same time?

Yes, you need a BOM skin that does both.  Or at the least, a head AND body skin from the same store.

• Like 1

Most, although not all, stores will sell matching head and body skin tones.  Some as one complete BOM skin (Sessions, I think) and others as a body skin BOM and a face tattoo (BOM).  I use itGirls which sells head and body separately.  

4 hours ago, Freya Humby said:

my body and head are BoM (head from lel) and body (maitreya), store suggestions are very welcome

Glam Affair used to be the default skin on the maitreya body HUD.  You could try there.  Their head skins are on a tattoo layer so add the demo right on top of your current skin, then simply detach/remove to try another.  If you find one you like, then your body already has the skin tones in the HUD 

Edited by Rowan Amore

Glam Affair are the default/included body skins for Maitreya. GA's old and new tones are included as BoM tattoo layers with the latest versions of the body you could give both packs a try if you want to keep the head skin tone. GA is a regular participant in L$50 Friday if you want an inexpensive head skin to try

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.