SHX DJ Song Voting Boards

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What is this for exactly? Just for bragging rights or do the DJ's get some sort of monetary incentive?

Personally I find it irritating and intrusive to continual be asked *told* to vote on every single song the DJ plays. So much so that I just refuse to do it.  You are asking me to adjust my viewer and click on a button every 2-4 minutes.  There are clubs that rarely bring your attention to the board but some clubs spam the chat and keep count on how many people voted. If there is only 5-6 people in the club it's pretty easy to figure out who isn't voting.  

Also, while a lot of the popular clubs I go to have this board I rarely see any of the DJ's or clubs on the list.

DJ's? Is it really that important?

They are just distractions and gimmicks, same as sploders, guess the answer balls, contests, and flashing lights. Some club owners think they are running a carnival instead of a music club.  The music and DJ are usually secondary at those clubs.

No.

All it is, is a reason to find a better club, where the patrons aren't hounded to click around on random carp. Being at a club shouldn't be a chore.

• Like 2

SHX Gear in general is annoying to deal with and outdated. Whoever hangs it up has no idea how to build a good club or doesnt care about prims and script time. LSL Pose Balls for DJs like on Open Stages for example are all thats needed for this department. From SHX, all additions this creator ever made like the Contest Voting Boards and as you said the Song Voting Board is just not something you should put up with.

Like others --- those boards are for bragging rights.  I ignore them if I see 'em in a club. There's a long time club that swears by them, but then again their staff shoot non-stop spam in the chat and if you're not dancing you get a PM.  Hadn't been back there in many years and heard it's still the same way.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.