Legacy Classic (free) body?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is this still available? If so where can you get it?  I spent over 20 minutes searching (Google, SL search and these forums) and FINALLY go the Legacy store (which I still completely hate LOL) but see no sign of it there; nothing on their website but a support which doesn't tell much about the classic and a big ad for the new XXX version :D   . 

Just for testing but trying to be fair :D.  It's getting harder and harder to do that (funny).

Thanks for any tips.   

• Like 2

Yuumo posted the SLURL to the store and a pic of where to find the Classic (that is the free one).
But you saying "Just for testing" would suggest that you are looking for a demo of the legacy. In which case you should go to the store, look at one of the 3 massive Legacy vendors and click "Try" to receive the demo for that body... or bodies.

• Like 2

Well, I followed the SUrl and choosed a gender in the front of the free body sign. Though I arrived at a sign that offers the body for 2,500 L.  Do I something wrong? Wait, I just discovered the link "free edition".  Got it.

Edited by Doc Carling

11 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

Well, I followed the SUrl and choosed a gender in the front of the free body sign. Though I arrived at a sign that offers the body for 2,500 L.  Do I something wrong? Wait, I just discovered the link "free edition".  Got it.

Do note that this free one (called Classic) is really an old TMP body. So you do not want to look for clothing for the Legacy body, but for the TMP/The Mesh Project  body, which currently is getting rather rare, but it is still around. Just not in newer clothes.,

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Do note that this free one (called Classic) is really an old TMP body. So you do not want to look for clothing for the Legacy body, but for the TMP/The Mesh Project  body, which currently is getting rather rare, but it is still around. Just not in newer clothes.,

Thanks for the hint. I'm not really planing to use it. I was just curious how it looks. You know I'm experimenting much with bodies and heads. Btw, I can't find a BoM button in the HUD. Perhaps I'm blind to see.

25 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

Thanks for the hint. I'm not really planing to use it. I was just curious how it looks. You know I'm experimenting much with bodies and heads. Btw, I can't find a BoM button in the HUD. Perhaps I'm blind to see.

It is not easy to find. It should have the word BOM instead of a symbol. But Skell has a tutorial with images. You activate the free one the same way as the 5000 L Legacy body. https://virtualbloke.com/archives/3634

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

It is not easy to find. It should have the word BOM instead of a symbol. But Skell has a tutorial with images. You activate the free one the same way as the 5000 L Legacy body. https://virtualbloke.com/archives/3634

Thanks a lot. Skells tutorial was a big help. I also didn't wait long enough until the style tab of the hud was loaded. Some lag here.

It is a very good body, I have always liked the form of it. And when it came out as BoM compatible and with an alpha cut option, I loved it. I would probably still be using it on an alt, but then Maitreya had the 50% off sale last year.

The under is for the female free body: It is not so hard to dress, but has some places where it is hard to use with Legacy clothes. You can make it work, but may have to compromise:

• The back. If you can alpha out the back, the front has often a good fit for Legacy.
  • The legs. All Legacy footwear I have used on it fits up to the ankle. Sandals with straps up on the legs, can't work at all. And boots with BoM layers on the legs will have an ugly cut, unless you wear boots with mesh pants. Leg parts will show through above the knee too, but alpha them out with an alpha layer or the HUD. 
  • Places that can work or not is around the wrist. Look carefully on the inside of the wrist. Short sleeves can fit or not. 
  • The waist. It is not a problem if you alpha out the waist. But if you want low waist jeans with a cut off top that show the belly, you are in trouble.

What does not work at all unless you use the old TMP clothes, is swimwear, harnesses and mesh lingerie.

It does not have many nailpolish options, but Bento rigged nails and rings fit perfect with Legacy rigging.

Much of the TMP clothes look a bit outdated now. I have not found out how to load clothing layers in the Style HUD. I think that is not possible.

Edited by Marianne Little
added more info
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

Thanks a lot. Skells tutorial was a big help. I also didn't wait long enough until the style tab of the hud was loaded. Some lag here.

The good thing is that after I activate BoM, I only use the HUD for alpha cuts and does not need to have media on. The HUD works reasonably fast for alpha cuts when I don't use the style part.

• Like 2

I tried it for the first time yesterday.  Put on the body (no head as I had taken everything off, so just the body, hands and feet. No hud. I actually didn't even see a hud in the list, but whatever. About two seconds after the body came into view my screen went black and crashed. This on my own sim on there ground where it is EMPTY but for a few items.   So I gave up on that. I wasn't going to use it anyway, just testing things.  But that was kind of a shocker.   

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Strange, Chic. No technical issues here except that the styles HUD is loading slow. Well, the body is not bad considered that it is free. I used it with BoM and a WoW skin. See picture. The clothes are Maitreya (I usesd the alpha cuts). Head is a LAQ Lulu. In some lightsettings the neckline is a little bit visible. But I think that's normal.

classicmesh.jpg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The good thing is that after I activate BoM, I only use the HUD for alpha cuts and does not need to have media on. The HUD works reasonably fast for alpha cuts when I don't use the style part.

Looks like the styles hud gets turned off automatically, when using Bom?

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I tried it for the first time yesterday.  Put on the body (no head as I had taken everything off, so just the body, hands and feet. No hud. I actually didn't even see a hud in the list, but whatever. About two seconds after the body came into view my screen went black and crashed. This on my own sim on there ground where it is EMPTY but for a few items.   So I gave up on that. I wasn't going to use it anyway, just testing things.  But that was kind of a shocker.   

Strange, I have used it for an alt in over 6 months. In dense populated areas as sales and events.

When I think about it, I have used it for a male alt too, so that is two that has never given me issues.

I believe you should rez it tomorrow. Maybe SL was totally f* with you just that day. If you didn't get the HUD, it is because something was not unpacked.

TMP/Legacy always used special names. I do not know if the HUD had HUD in the name at all. It is 2 sizes of the HUD, and one had "larger" or "bigger" or some similar word in the name.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Hey Chic.
Two things: I am no superfan of TMP and Legacy, even though I do own both bodies. That was thing number one so please read what I have to say in that light.
Thing number two: I highly respect you as someone who has been in SL for a very long time and as a blogger on more topics than just SL, you are so very smart and I admire you for that. However, you have just triggered my "but" button.
How can you be so certain that your viewer crash was caused by that very body? You have a scientific mind, so I am actually a bit disappointed at your suggestion that it was caused by a body which is not known to cause viewer crashes. If it were, then I'm sure the forum would have been full of such reports.
I truly feel that you have jumped the gun here, which is not entirely surprising considering the mood of you latest blog post (a mood which I can not blame you for!). As I said in the first thing, I am no TMP fanatic, never have been, but I think that it is unfair to blame that body without further testing and seeing if the crash can be reliably be reproduced.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

Looks like the styles hud gets turned off automatically, when using Bom?

Maybe... I think you are right, you have to deselect BoM to get back the part where the HUD has the skins.

But it is some months ago. I think I was very pleased with the different feet heights, I could change them without media. Many react negative to "I must use media?!" but with BoM, that is only in the set-up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

TMP/Legacy always used special names. I do not know if the HUD had HUD in the name at all. It is 2 sizes of the HUD, and one had "larger" or "bigger" or some similar word in the name.

Edit, that is the HUD. There are two. I don't know what the difference is.

hud.jpg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Hey Chic.
Two things: I am no superfan of TMP and Legacy, even though I do own both bodies. That was thing number one so please read what I have to say in that light.
Thing number two: I highly respect you as someone who has been in SL for a very long time and as a blogger on more topics than just SL, you are so very smart and I admire you for that. However, you have just triggered my "but" button.
How can you be so certain that your viewer crash was caused by that very body? You have a scientific mind, so I am actually a bit disappointed at your suggestion that it was caused by a body which is not known to cause viewer crashes. If it were, then I'm sure the forum would have been full of such reports.
I truly feel that you have jumped the gun here, which is not entirely surprising considering the mood of you latest blog post (a mood which I can not blame you for!). As I said in the first thing, I am no TMP fanatic, never have been, but I think that it is unfair to blame that body without further testing and seeing if the crash can be reliably be reproduced.

No argument with your comments. However I had been going out and about for hours with no issues. and there was nothing else new on my sim and no one there but me and really it IS ALMOST EMPTY on the ground.   I didn't actually SAY that the body crashed my computer LOL, but I will say that since I turned on "friends only" in Firestorm so that I don't see any people (hence lots less mesh and some guaranteed very heavy) I haven't been crashing nearly as often. If I wanted to be scientific :D I would try rezzing the body and seeing what the triangle count is compared to other bodies -- or looking at complexity which I know isn't all that scientific.  I know that there is a huge difference in tri count between various bodies but since I only really use one I haven't paid much attention.  I suspect someone out there knows though and I would be interested to hear.

And yes, I am not a fan of the makers either simply because of their past business practices. That doesn't mean this is a bad body. It could be a great body --- or it could be a great LOOKING  body with way more triangles than needed -- not really the same thing in my mind.   I'll leave that up tp others to investigate and decide.   I am sure this has been talked about before, I just didn't care enough to pay attention.    

• Like 1

OK. I really AM going back to bed soon but I did my research.  

912049893_classicnohud.jpg.55ae551d0f9e18bee694021e1a04e97c.jpg

Classic no hud - naked, still with head on (hate that headless look)

272366389_maitreyanohud.jpg.35caf3037fe13d61c20fc6893bb1359b.jpg

Maitreya  no hud with head

Didn't crash but stared at the ground most of the time LOL.

I did not try rezzing the bodies.  But if this info is anywhere correct then classic is around three times more tris.  Can this be reduced with BOM on like it can with Maitreya layers?  

EDIT:  There is a GREAT looking hairbase just out at K9.  :D 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

Still legacy classic. But Genus head strong face and different light settings. The top is a classic layer. Well, all in all if I wouldn't have this body already, I wouldn't wait to get it. :) Complexity about 57,000. But the hair has 25,000 alone. The body has 7,398 - without hands and feet. I notice I should enlarge the feet a little bit. Ok, next time. lol

classicmesh1.jpg

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

OK. I really AM going back to bed soon but I did my research.  

912049893_classicnohud.jpg.55ae551d0f9e18bee694021e1a04e97c.jpg

Classic no hud - naked, still with head on (hate that headless look)

272366389_maitreyanohud.jpg.35caf3037fe13d61c20fc6893bb1359b.jpg

Maitreya  no hud with head

Didn't crash but stared at the ground most of the time LOL.

I did not try rezzing the bodies.  But if this info is anywhere correct then classic is around three times more tris.  Can this be reduced with BOM on like it can with Maitreya layers?  

EDIT:  There is a GREAT looking hairbase just out at K9.  :D 

This blogpost is a few years old, but if anyone has a newer list over complexity, post it. Maybe @Pussycat Catnaphas an updated one.

https://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2019/10/cassie-middles-sl-mesh-body-survey.html

With my limited knowledge, the complexity for the free body is better than the 5000 L Legacy one and the Belleza ones. So it is not terrible? But I am no expert.

Edited by Marianne Little

7 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Classic is what used to be just the TMP body and was among the first mesh bodies on SL and as such I don't think they paid a lot of attention to render cost. Aside from BoM, nothing much has changed between when this body first came out as a TMP body and the current designation of "Classic". And no, unfortunately you can not peel off the unused layers like you can with Maitreya. Maitreya is actually quite unique in that respect.
About the render cost, I don't know if there is much of a difference between "classic" and "legacy" because I never looked into that. Perhaps someone who is NOT going to bed and who owns both can look into that 🙂

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.