Name not found in websearch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My name, Verona Voxel, is not found in the websearch function. It is only found if I am using Firestorm's legacy search. But if I'm using the LL viewer or websearch in Firestorm, it is not found. Any ideas?

• I've searched using my Verona Voxel account and an alt's account. The name Verona Voxel not found regardless of which account I'm searching from.
  • I've made sure the General, Moderate, and Adult checkboxes are all checked when I search...just in case.
  • The "show my name in search results" checkbox is checked and has always been checked.
  • I've set all my Privacy Settings to "Everyone"...just in case.
  • I've searched using both the Linden Labs viewer and Firestorm viewer. As stated above, my name is only found if using the Firestorm legacy search
  • I've searched using the "People" search category as well as the "Everything" search category.

I do have a support ticket open with Linden support, but the ticket has been setting out there for a month and they still haven't addressed it. When I asked about it in chat support today, the reply was basically "You'll just have to wait." 

Has anyone heard of this name search problem happening, and is there something I can do on my end to fix it?

@Verona VoxelI am assuming throughout this that "Verona Voxel" is your legacy (user) name and not display name?  LL viewer search will not recongnise nor search display names, I am told but FS will, perhaps because it can use legacy search (as you no doubt have realised).

I believe websearch is not functioning for anyone properly since the uplift to the cloud and like many services that have been thus affected progress to a solution seems slow to none.

Edited by Aishagain
additional info and syntax correction

19 hours ago, Verona Voxel said:

My name, Verona Voxel, is not found in the websearch function. It is only found if I am using Firestorm's legacy search. But if I'm using the LL viewer or websearch in Firestorm, it is not found. Any ideas?

• I've searched using my Verona Voxel account and an alt's account. The name Verona Voxel not found regardless of which account I'm searching from.
  • I've made sure the General, Moderate, and Adult checkboxes are all checked when I search...just in case.
  • The "show my name in search results" checkbox is checked and has always been checked.
  • I've set all my Privacy Settings to "Everyone"...just in case.
  • I've searched using both the Linden Labs viewer and Firestorm viewer. As stated above, my name is only found if using the Firestorm legacy search
  • I've searched using the "People" search category as well as the "Everything" search category.

I do have a support ticket open with Linden support, but the ticket has been setting out there for a month and they still haven't addressed it. When I asked about it in chat support today, the reply was basically "You'll just have to wait." 

Has anyone heard of this name search problem happening, and is there something I can do on my end to fix it?

Actually, search on the website and in the LL viewer has been broken for at least 3 months.  I filed a jira but can't access it at the moment.

Shrike Linden  (quoted from jira)

Added 20/Jan/21 1:56 PM

Dropping back in to say: we've found some resident names that indeed do not show up in search! We'll investigate further and work on a fix. Thanks again for the report!

Edited by Rowan Amore
To add bolded part as a quote from Shrike Linden
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Actually, search on the website and in the LL viewer has been broken for at least 3 months.  I filed a jira but can't access it at the moment.

Shrike Linden

Added 20/Jan/21 1:56 PM

Dropping back in to say: we've found some resident names that indeed do not show up in search! We'll investigate further and work on a fix. Thanks again for the report!

Um, some?

Try some Linden names! That will illustrate the problem better?

I think the way to understand this is that search is broken -- for places, for names, and most of these, not some.

A few things somehow still come to the top and therefore it doesn't seem broken for some venue owners and some people.

I don't know how the jira works anymore. There seem to be several different "projects" (e.g., WENG) hidden from mere mortals. In case it makes any difference, I tried to re-open this one in the public BUG project, which Shrike Linden closed the day before posting the comment about investigating further / working on a fix.

(Probably they figure the public BUG may as well stay closed once it's already linked to an internal bug, but that makes it even trickier for residents to find BUG project jiras. I really hate the way the Lab manages their Jira instance.)

7 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I don't know how the jira works anymore. There seem to be several different "projects" (e.g., WENG) hidden from mere mortals. In case it makes any difference, I tried to re-open this one in the public BUG project, which Shrike Linden closed the day before posting the comment about investigating further / working on a fix.

(Probably they figure the public BUG may as well stay closed once it's already linked to an internal bug, but that makes it even trickier for residents to find BUG project jiras. I really hate the way the Lab manages their Jira instance.)

Thanks, Qie.  I tried to find it logged in with my new name and it showed no history.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.