Cant Log in

kol Michalak

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So Cant Log in it says an unexpected error has occured , on the Blog i found this Message but i dont want to wait weeks to log in !

Update - We are continuing to investigate this issue. We thank you for your patience while we find a solution. Please continue to follow this blog for updates.
Feb 12, 12:03 PST
Investigating - We are currently unable to copy and sync accounts to the beta grid, Aditi. We apologize for the disruption. We expect that a fix will take several weeks to implement but are working to shorten that timeline. Residents who have previously logged in should still be able to do so. Please watch this blog for updates.
Dec 2, 11:47 PST

19 answers to this question

52 minutes ago, kol Michalak said:

So Cant Log in it says an unexpected error has occured , on the Blog i found this Message but i dont want to wait weeks to log in !

Update - We are continuing to investigate this issue. We thank you for your patience while we find a solution. Please continue to follow this blog for updates.
Feb 12, 12:03 PST
Investigating - We are currently unable to copy and sync accounts to the beta grid, Aditi. We apologize for the disruption. We expect that a fix will take several weeks to implement but are working to shorten that timeline. Residents who have previously logged in should still be able to do so. Please watch this blog for updates.
Dec 2, 11:47 PST

So you're trying to log into the beta grid?  

Great now more and more people cant login anymore. "Residents who have previously logged in should still be able to do so". No. No login. And of course still no sync since Nov 2020. How are mesh producers expected to run a store that way? No new releases at all? 

Great... paying tons of Ls to upload on regular server.... until a mesh is finally done and ready for market. Linden Labs in need of more upload expenses from us? I wonder... My ticket lead me to another non serious reply "it will take weeks" ... just call it months. Sounds like lockdown to me to extend by weeks each time. Some of us are trying to run a BUSINESS.

• Like 1

I need to try a few times before I can login. Also, when you are finally in, it reports database problem. When I save a shape, it says problem in accessing database, never seen this before. 

edit: exact error message is: "Failed to find body part named Test Shape 1 in the database."

I am trying to make things and run a business too and I have no choice but to pay upload fee in production grid.

I suggest LL takes testing grid seriously and start tracking and reports its availability on status.secondlifegrid.net

Or, they should just shutdown beta grid completely, and waive merchants of upload fees. I suspect they will save some money too.

Edited by SoniaVileva
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SoniaVileva said:

I suggest LL takes testing grid seriously and start tracking and reports its availability on status.secondlifegrid.net

The Aditi grid is Linden Lab's testing grid.  It's where they develop and test new features.  They allow residents to use parts of it but there is no guarantee that it will always be available.

2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

The Aditi grid is Linden Lab's testing grid.  It's where they develop and test new features.  They allow residents to use parts of it but there is no guarantee that it will always be available.

Yes you are right!  I re-read from http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Preview_Grid

Merchants so happen to be able to use it, is a side-effect. I don't think it is intended for them.

39 minutes ago, SoniaVileva said:

Yes you are right!  I re-read from http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Preview_Grid

Merchants so happen to be able to use it, is a side-effect. I don't think it is intended for them.

I load up opensim when I am doing testing like this as it functions like SL to a point and does do meshes too. 

3 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Nobody asked for always, its been months. And to spend another 1000L on mesh testing per item at least is not feasible for any store. 

Just now, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I load up opensim when I am doing testing like this as it functions like SL to a point and does do meshes too. 

Pointless for any clothing creator as it doesnt sync with SL inventory. If we had another option, we would not be here.

I see people are not upset enough about this, but most stores in SL live on the provided content from some of us selling meshes etc in full perm stores. Lets see how serious it is, when such content becomes unavailable or when the full perm meshes hit a price range over 3k because of expenses. Maybe then the issue will get some attention :D Bigmoe I tried with Opensim, really did. But we are getting hammered with new mesh body releases 5 times a year or so, new animations etc and cant bypass the need for Aditi sadly. Id be the first to run for it, if it eased my situation since last year.

I am tired of telling customers to wait for something new over and over. None of us works for years on a store to share disappointment. We live in a world where we are locked in and get less outdoor time than my baby dog. Last thing I wish to do on a daily basis is to have to say: sorry I cant make what you are asking for. For months Ive been asking for the freedom to create something, without having to charge customers additional costs of production. That is not an unreasonable demand. 

1 hour ago, Ziamia said:

That is not an unreasonable demand. 

Yeah, I sympathize.  It's hard to plan in uncertainty.  Linden Lab is up front about Aditi: "We try and maintain a core area of the Preview Grid, but any region is subject to change. This also goes for the availability of the Preview Grid itself. We may need to take the entire Test Grid down for testing or upgrades. These take-downs are usually done on short notice. It is the nature of beta testing."  The past six months they've had a lot of readjustments to make as they moved most services to the AWS cloud. I hear they've had to spend a long time retuning things, which probably means that they've needed Aditi more than usual.  There's still stuff like the world map and group communications that have been weird for months.

Just now, Rolig Loon said:

Yeah, I sympathize.  It's hard to plan in uncertainty.  Linden Lab is up front about Aditi: "We try and maintain a core area of the Preview Grid, but any region is subject to change. This also goes for the availability of the Preview Grid itself. We may need to take the entire Test Grid down for testing or upgrades. These take-downs are usually done on short notice. It is the nature of beta testing."  The past six months they've had a lot of readjustments to make as they moved most services to the AWS cloud. I hear they've had to spend a long time retuning things, which probably means that they've needed Aditi more than usual.  There's still stuff like the world map and group communications that have been weird for months.

No offence, but I dont think you do. The real life businesses have been shut down for a year now. For some of us this is our livelyhood now. It would take 1 day of syncing inventories just to be able to temporarily work (there has been not 1 day of such an update since last year), and to be able to login. Thats all.

And nobody here has shown any form of not understanding their situation, Im sure we are all just as grateful for their work, its just been a long time now.

Edited by Eyavie
added
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While I understand about the beta grid and its original reason for existence, SL has changed a lot over the past many, many years. The main grid has a way of letting a user preview a texture or animation before having to pay for the upload itself.  However, with the advent of mesh, the only way for a creator to be able to preview the product without paying fees is via the beta grid.  Once mesh, with the associated upload fees, came about LL needed to commit to providing a resident testing area that is at least mostly available (test areas never get guaranteed up times).

Seriously how much more frustrating can it get. A ticket answer of another basic apology after waiting for 5 days. We must TEST meshes. Wasnt me who invented the use of mesh bodies and rigging for 20 bodies and the need for a test server in the first place. And on top of that we have NO other option. Still the same issue, still weeks no sync, still no login, still no response. And our businesses getting damaged day after day after day.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.