Forum friends

valerie Inshan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Have you made some? If so, did you also got to be friends inwolrd? I must say I feel lucky to have met great friends here and having crossing the line to be friends inworld also! (winks at Maddy, Dee, Hippie, Xiu who is sadly missed....). How about you?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

valerie Inshan wrote:

Have you made some? If so, did you also got to be friends inwolrd? I must say I feel lucky to have met great friends here and having crossing the line to be friends inworld also! (winks at Maddy, Dee, Hippie, Xiu who is sadly missed....). How about you?

Two..

I thought it were more, but I was wrong. Oh well, that happens.

Hey Val, (winks back). Yes, made a lot of friends through the forums some casual some close and I treasure each one.

The forums provide a unique opportunity to gauge people based on how they react when posting. Those that demonstrate certain traits tend to allow one to see who they would like to meet as well who they would like to hide from. A natural progression to me is if you like the way some one handles themselves here then why not take it a step further and into the grid. Birds of a feather flock together, right.

What forced a lot of this move to in-world was the dead period between the old and new forum software. Those that greeted and enjoyed each others postings, had no way to continue contact. Some went to other forums, some started their own forums or blogs more suited to their respective mentality and others moved to readily available social platforms. The downside was some posters I found really interesting did not sadly, return to the forums. The upside was a lot of the agitators also disappeared. The double edged sword I guess.

Again yes I have met and continue to interact with people from the forums when on the grid and for me that's great because of the many things SL offers the social aspect is the one I enjoy most.

15_9_32[1].gif

A good number of my in world friends post regularly on the forums, but I can't say I actually met them here...most of them I met in world at the Hangout or through other friends, then I started posting more often here because I felt more comfortable seeing people that I knew also posting!

BTW, Valerie...you are one that I did meet here and would love to meet in world sometime! :smileyhappy:

It is true the forums break in February brought the opportunity to step from "forums friends" to "inworld friends" and, in this regard, I will never be thankfull enough to LL! :smileyvery-happy: Although time (zone!) is not on my side, I can feel the warmth of these long distance friendships. Even though we cannot catch up often, I know they are here and eventually sometime I'll wake up in the middle of the night and find them online (the nightly pee, as you put it once, Dee!!!) :smileyhappy:

Also, there are many posters I do consider as friends in these forums. They are too many to be named (and I hate lists anyways!). Most of them I will probably never get to meet inworld (Venus is one of the exceptions, she's a stylish DJ!) but still they make me feel "at home" here when I login everyday. These forums friends are just as important to me as inworld ones. They make the sense of the word "community".

Sylvia, from the very beginning you posted here, I have been compelled to know you. You and Tem have shown such kindness and great personalities! I do think the "real you" shows off very much in the forums. Sense of humour, brains, kindness, patience and devotion are widely expressed here. I was frightened to post in the old forums (other than lolcats! :smileyvery-happy:) because I was shy about my written English and so many arrogant griefers were hanging around. As Dee pointed it, most of them have vanished in this new format, which makes the forums a nicer place for everyone.

And, yes Sylvia, we do have to meet inword! My talking parrot at my place told me you paid us a visit the other night! :smileyvery-happy:

Oh, thank you for the kind words, Valerie! (Though to be honest, I think it's Tem that has all the patience! :smileyvery-happy: :smileywink: )

Your English is perfect, and I love the positive threads you start (like this one!); in fact, your photo threads are what I look for first when I log in. The old forums, though entertaining, were like battlefields at times, so I'm glad to see nice people like you leading the way on this one! 

But how naughty of your parrot to tattle on me! :smileyvery-happy:  Yes, I did pop by after you sent me the LM, so I could scout the place out for a future visit from Tem and me...it's lovely, just as I expected it would be!!

@Val: Yes the sense of community is the integral part of SL for me also. Although time zones are a big pain we are able to at least say hi or wave to each other which is cool.

@Sylvia You have to go to Val's sim with biscuits for the parrot or he will rat you out.;)

We all partake when we can in Hippie's good morning thread and I do think it's the longest daily running one since the new forums. It is a comfortable place (not please, sigh) to say hi and check on each others events. That one I would like to see run for as long as we let it.

Hugs

valerie Inshan wrote:

I have met several formites from here and are now friends inworld.. Can't dance until Dee show's up!! The unexpected silliness is what I always look forward to! I have also met some great friends who either didn't post in the forums or did a few times but contacted me inworld.. I do feel very fortunate to know such wonderful hearts :)

Valerie, a great topic! A good number of people on my friend list are people I initially met here in the forum, several of whom I now chat with and hang out with regularly inworld. I've loved getting to know people initially here and developing those friendships inworld. Like you, I feel lucky. My forum friends have greatly enhanced my SL experience.

I know exactly what you mean, Valerie. The first time I ever saw anyone from the forum (other than Maddy) in real pixel form was at a Halloween party at the Forum Cartel Hangout. It was a fantastic experience to see so many familiar names there. I was a little starstruck. :matte-motes-sunglasses-1:

"Starstruck" is a perfect word for it, Quinn...I first wandered into the Hangout a couple of weeks after that party (I wanted to go to it but chickened out), and felt just the same way! I didn't know anybody there, but I had been lurking in the forums for months so some of the people I met seemed like celebrities to me! 

And the best part of it was that people there were so friendly and welcoming! Before that, I only had a few friends in world, but my friends list quickly filled up from that point on. :smileyhappy:

I just thought I might add that there is a group in SL called "The Ladies Who Lunch" it is open to join and there is no financial benefit to anyone. The objective is to use it as a means to convey information to others in the group of events or parties that are happening so those wishing to can attend.

It is not designed for club owners or others to advertise. Since conference IM's is still crippled this is the next best thing. If you are a group member and are performing somewhere or having a party or just want to chat feel free to use it and we welcome you:)

@Val: I am still aiming for at least a party or get together once a month on Sundays so we can get you out high stepping with us.:)

That is more than weird. There was no need to have that removed:(

Did you get a PM and if not I would chase that down with Lexi or Amanda. I replied to Val in case they nuke your last post.

There is a limit, or I thought there was?

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Well, this is an interesting turn of events.  My comment, which had nothing remotely offensive in it is gone from this thread, as are the people that responded to me. 

**Guess this isn't really the place to be then....
this forum
.  What a shame**   This is not directed at you valerie.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.