Beryl Landar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can anyone assist? I recently had to fetch all inventory items and reload my avie because seeing myself as an orange cloud, and then this happened. See photo attachment. I'm wondering why the skin is looking like its not fully rezzed on the makeup areas and the body is not fully rendering. I have an AK head and maitreya body. I tried changing skins and it still wasnt going away. I also tried clicking on and off the BoM buttons on my Huds and didnt go away. Im actually not wearing any makeup layers either its only 1 base skin, and ive tried several. Any tips would be appreciated.

gift2_002.png

Hm, have you tried rebaking?

Avatar -> Avatar Health -> Force Appearance Update (Rebake) / or just Ctrl + Alt + R / or right-click yourself -> Appearance -> Tex. refresh.

There's also the seam at the wrist and along the breast, which is a bit peculiar - it may be a silly question, but have you tried changing the WL?

• Like 1

The area around the left breast looks as though your system body may be poking through the mesh body. Suggestions to try - in order:

1. Power cycle your router. Turn it off, unplug it from the wall socket, wait for at least 30 seconds, then plug it back in and power it on again
  2. Check that you're using the latest versions of your head and body. If you are, unpack fresh copies (or redeliver for fresh copies) then - if you're using BoM for your avatar - re-enable BoM on both. If you're using appliers, ensure that you have the relevant alpha layers on

Final resort - if neither of the above work - is to delete your settings.xml file. This file can become corrupted when you have a crash or experience other issues. Instructions are below:

CAUTION: This will reset your toolbar buttons and will remove from your screen some UI items related to the toolbar buttons (e.g. minimap, cameratools, etc). It may also reset some graphics settings, so you will need to reset all of those after logging back in.

Copy & paste these instructions into a text file to refer to.

- 1. Open preferences > network & files > directories
- 2. Click the 'open settings folder' button
- 3. Keep that folder open and log out of SL
- 4. Stay logged out. Look in that settings folder for the settings.xml file and delete it
- 5. Log back into SL (a new settings.xml file will be created)
- 6. Set your toolbar buttons and UI items back up

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beryl Landar said:

It was just the one on my head, and yes the head and body is BoM enabled. I'm going to try a few suggestions and see how it turns out.

If you have a full body alpha that includes the head, that should be taken off as well if you're BOM.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2021 at 12:05 PM, Skell Dagger said:

The area around the left breast looks as though your system body may be poking through the mesh body. Suggestions to try - in order:

1. Power cycle your router. Turn it off, unplug it from the wall socket, wait for at least 30 seconds, then plug it back in and power it on again
  2. Check that you're using the latest versions of your head and body. If you are, unpack fresh copies (or redeliver for fresh copies) then - if you're using BoM for your avatar - re-enable BoM on both. If you're using appliers, ensure that you have the relevant alpha layers on

Final resort - if neither of the above work - is to delete your settings.xml file. This file can become corrupted when you have a crash or experience other issues. Instructions are below:

Dear Skell,

It seems as though this solution you provided was my best option. It looks like all is well after I followed these steps. Thank you!

Beryl

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.