Transferring Lindens to alt account

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1233 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sharing I have my alts on my friends list.  And I made a group for my home parcel with various roles (for alts and others), for this very reason. I can send Lindens anytime quickly, via IM, after finding them in my friends list or group list. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChiyakoHaruno said:

I have an old account and a new account. I want to transfer my lindens from one to the other, but I cannot for the life of me search and find my alt account in the world to transfer by paying. Are there other ways I can transfer lindens between the accounts?

Web search for people, which is what the SL viewer uses and is what Firestorm defaults to, is totally hosed right now.

Do as Wolfie said and log in both accounts and put them in the same spot -- pay by right clicking the avatar and selecting pay.

Or use Firestorm, bring up the Search window and switch to the People tab -- that uses the legacy search, which is not broken.

image.png.d1bea18edee3d861fca1a7d2e7d042a3.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

There's a setting somewhere, maybe Preferences/Advanced, that'll allow you to run multiple instances of your viewer. I think it's turned off by default, so you'll have to track it down and turn it on if you want to log on with both accounts at the same time on the same computer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Check this in your alt's profile:

check.gif.b578d8177878c9786af962b4dacb9af9.gif

That may not help.  The People Websearch is pretty hosed right now, with many accounts not showing.  All 17 of my accounts have that button ticked, but only 3 or 4 of them are showing in the Websearch.  If I use the old legacy people search via Firestorm, they all show up.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Firestorm, bring up the Search window and switch to the People tab -- that uses the legacy search, which is not broken.

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That may not help.  The People Websearch is pretty hosed right now, with many accounts not showing.  All 17 of my accounts have that button ticked, but only 3 or 4 of them are showing in the Websearch.  If I use the old legacy people search via Firestorm, they all show up.

Two days ago Firestorm was just as hosed - at least for my avi name.  Firestorm search, when I tried just that two days ago, did not find me at all.  I tried everything, ln, fn ln, fn, everything i could think of, all it found were lots of other Kyries, but none me or my stuff at all lol.  I've had that search thing yes-checked for years.  And rechecked that setting at the time, and yes it is on.  But my avi name isn't found anywhere.  Searched same as described above.  I didn't post, because I was hoping momentary issue.  My alts about the same age are all there as they should be. 

Testing today, I am found in People search tab, but not in Web Search tab in Firestorm.  Who knows from one day to the next...

I'd not have even noticed though, as I often send Lindens to my alts but I find their IM quick via Friends list and Group members list :) 

Edited by Kyrie Deka

49 minutes ago, Kyrie Deka said:

Two days ago Firestorm was just as hosed - at least for my avi name.  Firestorm search, when I tried just that two days ago, did not find me at all. 

Even the People tab that does the old legacy search?  

I've only had issues with the Websearch - mostly people, but sometimes the other categories a bit.

• Like 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Even the People tab

Yah even the people tab. Now my alts were there.  But no, couldn't find me two days ago even on the People tab (FS latest).  Today, two days later though when I rechecked, and I am there.  I try to presume its an anomaly but... cannot keep up with the list of yes/no working some days really, so I try not to look admittedly.  Who knows whether I will be there tomorrow... Good thing I know where I am lol

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1233 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.