cant get to search for anyone anymore

Akaddian1Crystal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have tried to get in touch with my alt  and why is this impossible to do now ,,,I want to put lindens in my alt and thats all you get is the runaround on here now ....whats happened that i cant get in touch with my alt?????? this is stupid  she doesnt come up on search , thats all you get is residents .whats going on ?? this game is going to the dogs ....... will please someone get it sorted and fast ..Thankyou one very annoyed member. 

• Haha 2

15 answers to this question

Isn't your alt on your Friends list?  Don't you have a calling card for her in your inventory?  Either way, you should be able to connect with her very easily.

5 minutes ago, Akaddian1Crystal said:

thats all you get is residents

Um... your alt is a resident.  We all are.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Akaddian1Crystal said:

I have tried to get in touch with my alt  and why is this impossible to do now ,,,I want to put lindens in my alt and thats all you get is the runaround on here now ....whats happened that i cant get in touch with my alt?????? this is stupid  she doesnt come up on search , thats all you get is residents .whats going on ?? this game is going to the dogs ....... will please someone get it sorted and fast ..Thankyou one very annoyed member. 

BTW - You are not talking to LL here.

Most people Friend their alts when they create them -- to make communication between them easier.

As to the Search issue -- many people have been having issues.  Use Firestorm, bring up the search window and then instead of using the Websearch tab at the top, click to the People tab.  That will use the legacy search and that seems to be working just fine for everyone.

2 hours ago, Akaddian1Crystal said:

Maybe they blocked you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RowanMinx said:

Maybe they blocked you.

Actually, that is a good thing to check.  It sounds kind of weird, but it's not uncommon for people to accidentally block themselves.  It's certainly easy enough to accidentally block anyone if you're not paying attention.

Blocking doesn't seem to impact the Search at all.  I searched for one of my alts and found her.  Logged her in and had her block me.  Searched for her again - same session and new session -- and still found her.

However, they have actually managed to break the Web People search in a really major way.  Out of my 17 accounts, I can only find 3 --- and that includes NOT being able to find myself.

I can successfully find everyone via the old Legacy People search.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Blocking doesn't seem to impact the Search at all.  I searched for one of my alts and found her.  Logged her in and had her block me.  Searched for her again - same session and new session -- and still found her.

However, they have actually managed to break the Web People search in a really major way.  Out of my 17 accounts, I can only find 3 --- and that includes NOT being able to find myself.

I can successfully find everyone via the old Legacy People search.

Yep, it's been like that for at least a month if not longer.

41 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You don't have to talk to your alt to send them $L.  In fact, you don't even need to have both accounts logged in.  Just call up their profile, click the Pay icon, and send them the money.

They apparently can't pull up the profile from search which is the problem.  Search doesn't always show people even when you know they aren't hidden.  It's been an issue for me for awhile now.  

• Like 1

Look I dont know what all this is about but I cant find anyone on here , I cant find my alts  and they are not on my notecards for some reason and when i try to find them thats all i get is the runaround now they better get it sorted because i have never ever know this game to be soo crappy at finding people ...i type in my alts names and they dont even come up .. and I did friend them and they just dont come up on my notecards .its most annoying 

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Akaddian1Crystal said:

Look I dont know what all this is about but I cant find anyone on here , I cant find my alts  and they are not on my notecards for some reason and when i try to find them thats all i get is the runaround now they better get it sorted because i have never ever know this game to be soo crappy at finding people ...i type in my alts names and they dont even come up .. and I did friend them and they just dont come up on my notecards .its most annoying 

Log in your alt along with your main, at the same time, in the same place and friend each other.  No one here can do anything about search not working as it's been a problem for months.  Yell at support.  File a ticket.   

And what do you even mean by they don't come up on your notecards?  If they are friends, they would be on your friend list already and their calling card would be in the calling card file.

On 1/8/2021 at 1:03 PM, Akaddian1Crystal said:

This is because search is broken and searches on direct names are returning huge long lists where you can't possibly scroll through them.

This is a good example of the problem @Rowan

So you have to use the script "name2key" to find the key of your alt, then paste that into chat. 

Here's a free version of it.

If you don't know how to copy and use scripts, IM me inworld and I will help you.

UPDATE: Once again, I'm finding (as in the other thread) that if you plug keys into this phrase, you get a seemingly clickable link in chat, but then it does not work:

secondlife:///app/agent/02da98ac-3e2e-4e8f-bedc-d0e2a1c670b4/completename

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.