Does everyone else have much more lag on the latest firestorm viewer?

ashlynkilane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

48 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

All the ones I had on my desktop were no good anymore, but did find them updated on the MP.. I wasn't really sure how they worked..

I didn't really understand what was going on or how to use them until I got the box from the MP and seen they went into my inventory..

I was finding all kinds of really amazing ones on there..  I got this one pack that has the northern lights which is really nice to watch..

Heh, yeah the asset nature of the new EEP stuff is actually a nice feature.

If my snapshots don't show up over in my album soonish, I'll just have to retake them later and add manually!

• Like 1

I haven't kept up with this thread but wanted to say that so far as textures and mesh loading (not wading through mud when walking or rubberbanding) things are much wors for me these last few weeks  ---

and "I" didn't switch to the new viewer. I am still using the BOM viewer.  So "some" of the reports may just be a general downgrade.  I did do a test between the newest Linden viewer and the FS BOM viewer and I had EXACTLY the same FPS.  Just adding that in here. If I said it way back on page 1 --- apologies :D.   It is stll very evident and apparently is not region related at all that I can tell.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 8:44 AM, Arielle Popstar said:

I see this note from Beq at a recent TPV meeting that might be the reason:

<key>FSAllowWaterDistortionOcclusion</key>
    <map>
      <key>Comment</key>
      <string>If allowed, object occlusion setting will be restored for generating the water reflection distortion. This was allowed pre-EEP and got disabled for EEP. While generating is more exact without occlusion, it can cause a huge performance impact.</string>

Wow, awesome tip Arielle.  Thanks.

Sure enough, going into debug and setting this to TRUE gave me another ~10FPS or a whopping 25% FPS bump.  

1 hour ago, Damian Mills said:

Wow, awesome tip Arielle.  Thanks.

Sure enough, going into debug and setting this to TRUE gave me another ~10FPS or a whopping 25% FPS bump.  

There is no need to go into Debug settings.

FSGPUPrefs.png.113ff1c703043e8643d0a501ea419f2b.png

It is right in the normal Preferences selections. It was also quite covered in varied places as a potential solution/performance booster.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.