I just leave this here.

Zzevir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have adblock on but then the daily mail won't even let me read the article unless I whitelist them. And eff that. The Daily Mail is an awful and unreliable newspaper, only worth the toilet-paper it's printed on. 

If Britain had Trump as a Prime Minister, his supporters would be reading the Daily Mail.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

I have adblock on but then the daily mail won't even let me read the article unless I whitelist them. And eff that. The Daily Mail is an awful and unreliable newspaper, only worth the toilet-paper it's printed on. 

If Britain had Trump as a Prime Minister, his supporters would be reading the Daily Mail.

FB_IMG_1607085911492.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Maitimo said:

I have adblock on but then the daily mail won't even let me read the article unless I whitelist them.

I notice a lot of sites doing this, particularly blogs and news media.

And I find it hilarious. If I've gone through the effort of getting an ad blocker because I'm sick to death of the ads plastered all over, do they think that I'll turn it off just for them? No, I'll go read about it on another site that has a healthier business model.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I notice a lot of sites doing this, particularly blogs and news media.

And I find it hilarious. If I've gone through the effort of getting an ad blocker because I'm sick to death of the ads plastered all over, do they think that I'll turn it off just for them? No, I'll go read about it on another site that has a healthier business model.

This ^^^   - and I'm also not going to sign up for your damn email spam just to read your "news".

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm also not going to sign up for your damn email spam just to read your "news".

Do people these days still use emails for ... Mail stuff? Mine is just a cesspit of spam mail and the occasional receipt. I tell people that if they want to write me mail and want me to notice it before I do my inbox spring cleaning, send me a physical paper in my physical mail box. 

It's the same with when the authorities try to reach me on my phone and ring from a hidden number. I never pick up the phone when someone hides their number. Heck I don't even pick it up if it's an unknown number - I'll look it up, and as long as it isn't a sales firm, I'll call back to see what they wanted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Do people these days still use emails for ... Mail stuff? Mine is just a cesspit of spam mail and the occasional receipt. I tell people that if they want to write me mail and want me to notice it before I do my inbox spring cleaning, send me a physical paper in my physical mail box. 

It's the same with when the authorities try to reach me on my phone and ring from a hidden number. I never pick up the phone when someone hides their number. Heck I don't even pick it up if it's an unknown number - I'll look it up, and as long as it isn't a sales firm, I'll call back to see what they wanted.

The only physical mail I get these days is junk advertising, political advertising, charity requests, and the occasional bill from someone that is living in the dark ages and hasn't upgraded to online billing. 

I get most of my bills online with email notification and my preferred method of communicating with anyone is via email.   

Hell, even half of my Christmas cards are now actually Christmas letters sent via email -- that is a horrid practice, IMO.  If you don't want to send a physical card, fine, but do not spam me with a letter giving me the year's history for the entire family.

As to the phone, I hate that damn thing anyway and will often not answer it even with proper caller id unless it is family.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maitimo said:

The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country; The Guardian is read by people who think they *ought* to run the country; The Times is read by the people who actually *do* run the country; The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country; The Financial Times is read by people who *own* the country; The Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by *another* country; and The Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.

Yes Prime Minister, A Conflict of Interest, 1987

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.