Ruth! cloud ! Now grey !

Ulrika Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 hours ago, thorXX7 said:

This saved my issue.  Hope will fix others.

thanks !

Please please be very very careful using this workaround!

If you accidentally hit the delete key on your keyboard while your root "My Inventory" folder is highlighted, you will delete your root inventory folder. You will get no "Are you sure" prompt & you'll be sitting there looking at a blank inventory window. All your inventory will be gone & you will not be able to login an ANY viewer because of recursion when creating the inventory skeleton.

All viewers will just freeze at this stage of login: 2020-11-28T01:36:44Z WARNING #Inventory# newview/llinventorymodel.cpp(2126) LLInventoryModel::accountForUpdate : Accounting failed for 'My Inventory' version: unknown (-1)

File a support ticket & let LL support delete your "Current Look" folders safely.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FireWalker Sands said:

I've had the cloud issue as well for the last 4 days. My main av was a cloud to me and everyone else, I've done all of the recommended steps to clear it up. I finally got my av to appear to me after using the character test several times over the last 2 days. I have a folder set up with a copy of the needed parts to rebuild him and replacing outfit works except for the gray that won't go away. To my alt and everyone else he's still a cloud. I've restarted my router and modem twice, Pinged a few west coast sites I use for speed tests and all seems good. I finally uninstalled all SL clients including removing registry entries. Reinstalled both FS and the official viewer and no change. My alt is fine and has no issues.

https://secondlife-status.statuspage.io/incidents/3mnd3071dh9p

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Believe the old adage: "When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout."  Um, no..... try these standard solutions:   https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_bake_fail

EDIT:  Oh yes, and if it persists, you have a wobbly Internet connection.  Restart both your router and your modem, and avoid connecting by wifi.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Sad 1

Thnx I will try all that and get back to you ..so nice of you to try to help I think this happened when my internet went down 

5 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Believe the old adage: "When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout."  Um, no..... try these standard solutions:   https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_bake_fail

10 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

EDIT:  Oh yes, and if it persists, you have a wobbly Internet connection.  Restart both your router and your modem, and avoid connecting by wifi.

I have done it all even been to Ruth parcel with other in the same cloud I’m so frustrated I say up trying to mend it till 3am sighs I took all off I had a redelivery of my mesh head and body I see my body but not the head which is still grey but the skin on the body is not altering to accommodate different skin stays the same  I put on a very light skin .. nothing .. then a very dark .. nothing sighs again it’s bad enough being in full lock down with out this kind of incident 

1 hour ago, Ulrika Jewell said:

I have done it all even been to Ruth parcel with other in the same cloud I’m so frustrated I say up trying to mend it till 3am sighs I took all off I had a redelivery of my mesh head and body I see my body but not the head which is still grey but the skin on the body is not altering to accommodate different skin stays the same  I put on a very light skin .. nothing .. then a very dark .. nothing sighs again it’s bad enough being in full lock down with out this kind of incident 

if textures are not rezzing, it typically means that there is something internet wonky between you, and the CDN (texture) server and/or the region server

best way to test this is to go to another region you have never been to before. (pick one from the Map)

then reset your avatar. menu: Develop \ Avatar \ Character Tests \ Test Female. This is the girl in the pink polka dot dress

if this stays a cloud, or the avatar is grey, then teleport to another random region. If you still a cloud or grey then try another avatar reset. If still broken then efinitely internet wonky

if you can see pink polka dot then try to wear another Library avatar (pick any).  Inventory \  Library \ Clothing \ Initial Outfits

if/when these are working/visible then try your own outfits on the same region where Library avatars are ok. If/when that works then teleport home and try again

9 hours ago, Ulrika Jewell said:

You rebooted your modem?  Checked your internet speed?  This is usually the issue for me when I'm a cloud.  Normally, I'll clear inventory cache, log out, reset modem, check speed and if it hasn't risen, reboot again then log in to a quiet place like Tromp. Open inventory and let it fully load.

3 minutes ago, thorXX7 said:

Any idea ?

Scroll up.  Take the suggestions about a wonky Internet connection seriously.  Just because it works fine for watching YouTube videos and playing MMO games does not mean that it is steady enough for SL.  Reboot your modem and router, then restart everything.  Avoid using a wifi Internet connection.  Consider using a different DNS server, like the free Google DNS

21 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Scroll up.  Take the suggestions about a wonky Internet connection seriously.  Just because it works fine for watching YouTube videos and playing MMO games does not mean that it is steady enough for SL.  Reboot your modem and router, then restart everything.  Avoid using a wifi Internet connection.  Consider using a different DNS server, like the free Google DNS

the issue is wit just my main avatar. It works perfectly with another one

I've had the cloud issue as well for the last 4 days. My main av was a cloud to me and everyone else, I've done all of the recommended steps to clear it up. I finally got my av to appear to me after using the character test several times over the last 2 days. I have a folder set up with a copy of the needed parts to rebuild him and replacing outfit works except for the gray that won't go away. To my alt and everyone else he's still a cloud. I've restarted my router and modem twice, Pinged a few west coast sites I use for speed tests and all seems good. I finally uninstalled all SL clients including removing registry entries. Reinstalled both FS and the official viewer and no change. My alt is fine and has no issues.

3 hours ago, KaydeneJenvieve Mysterious said:

Same thing. Yes I have done all the things suggested and I am still a grey cloud. I have opened a ticket and nothing yet probably because of the holiday. I am not jut grey to myself I am a grey cloud to everyone around me.

I have used the iphone secondlife app yesterday

https://secondlife-status.statuspage.io/incidents/3mnd3071dh9p

4 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Have all of those on this thread stuck in perma-bakefail used the TPV called Metachat?
Do you have a folder or folders in your inventory called "Current Look" that has the coat hanger symbol on the icon denoting it's a system folder?

Filed a ticket with LL.

I do have Metachat and did notice a new system folder called Current Look a few days ago. I checked the Current Look folder and it had grayed out links to everything I had been wearing.  My alt account inventory does not have this folder. I just logged into SL and now have 2 folders called Current Look. One folder is empty and one has grayed out links to the items I'm currently wearing. I can hit Find Original on any of the grayed out links in the folder and it locates the item in it's original folder. These folders can not be emptied or deleted. I'll update the LL  ticket on the issue with the Current Folder info.

This is an update on my post.

I've opened Metachat and attempted to check my inventory. Nothing comes up for inventory which is not correct. I should be able to see everything in inventory. Also the friends list in Metachat is now missing as well. This seems to be a new problem with Metachat.

I tried the Radegast viewer and it didn't work for me I'm Still a cloud. Looks like when I ride my bike tomorrow I'll just be Dust in The Wind 😉

Edited by FireWalker Sands

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.