Ruth! cloud ! Now grey !

Ulrika Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

19 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Have all of those on this thread stuck in perma-bakefail used the TPV called Metachat?
Do you have a folder or folders in your inventory called "Current Look" that has the coat hanger symbol on the icon denoting it's a system folder?

Yes ..  The issue is with the Metachat app I have had notification from LL They say the work will start on this bake issue after Monday ...Please delete the Metachat 

On 11/26/2020 at 8:24 PM, thorXX7 said:

i have the same issue - not able to fix following all the steps.

Any idea ?

Metachat is the issue here .. delete and work is commencing after Monday to try to resolve the issue LL have been in touch after I put in a ticket .. tell every body to delete Metachat 

On 11/25/2020 at 10:55 PM, Ulrika Jewell said:

I logged in to find I’m a cloud ok I know what to do ..I’ve been here before ..but nothing works I’m grey ..nothing at all is showing ..I debugged ...I cleared cache ...I logged of and back again ..still grey HELP HELP !!!!!

Lindon lab replied to my ticket 

It’s the Metachat phone app corrupting your avatars .. put in a ticket 

6 hours ago, Ulrika Jewell said:

Just been to look and yes a cloud again I have put another ticket in .. getting beyond a joke grrrrrr

Found the way to make it work. :)

Be sure to delete everything you find into the Trash bin AND the Lost and Found Folder. 

Then relog. 

Hope this helps :)

Edited by Keishaa Meili
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Keishaa Meili said:

Found the way to make it work. :)

Be sure to delete everything you find into the Trash bin AND the Lost and Found Folder. 

Then relog. 

Hope this helps :)

Looking into it now Did you down load the other viewer as well of just delete all in trash as well as current outfit ? 

3 hours ago, Ulrika Jewell said:

Done that still a cloud but my friend can see a greyed out me with a chair stuck to my hand .. wtf 🤬 

In an empty sim, look for the Trash folder. 

Empty it. 

Go looking for the "Lost and found" folder, empty it as well, completely. 

Empty the Trash folder again. 

Relog.

Change outfit.

You will be rezzed (Hopefully)

1 hour ago, Keishaa Meili said:

In an empty sim, look for the Trash folder. 

Empty it. 

Go looking for the "Lost and found" folder, empty it as well, completely. 

Empty the Trash folder again. 

Relog.

Change outfit.

You will be rezzed (Hopefully)

Thank you dearest sl friend I will .. I have an empty trash as of days ago lost and found could be fun sorting through but yes it will do this .. strange thing is my friends see me !!!!

• Haha 1

sorry to  push this up, but i need help after login metachat .

yes , i forgot update my metachat after the bakefail update, i realize the issue happen, and i did follow the report to fix my avatar step by step, but still being grey / could... also i can't delete my other current look / outfit folder... what should i do?

DgiqTp.png

15 minutes ago, Alex43692 said:

yes , i forgot update my metachat after the bakefail update, i realize the issue happen, and i did follow the report to fix my avatar step by step, but still being grey / could... also i can't delete my other current look / outfit folder... what should i do?

DgiqTp.png

I will look for the solution I hope I didn’t delete the info 

Found 

as follows 

Bake fail

2. Choose Me > Preferences > Graphics.
  3. Move the Quality and speed slider to the left (a lower setting).
  4. Click the Advanced button.
  5. Move the Draw distance slider to the left.
  6. Move the Mesh detail slider for Avatars to Low.
  7. Avatar impostors is checked by default. If you have unchecked it, enable this feature again.

If your avatar appears discolored or misshapen

If your avatar appears in strange, unintended colors or shows spikes, bumps, or other unsightly protrusions coming out of its body, check your graphics card to make sure it is supported and that the drivers are up to date. Learn more about graphics cards.

If the problem persists:

1. Go to Me > Preferences > Graphics tab.
  2. Click the Advanced button to show additional options.
  3. Uncheck Hardware skinning.
  4. Click OK to confirm. You may also need to restart the Viewer.

Additional helpful techniques

Try these from the top until one works:

• Quit and restart the Second Life Viewer (also called "relogging").
  • Right-click yourself and choose Edit My Outfit (don't save anything). In the APPEARANCE window, click the Back (<) button.
  • Rebake textures by following these steps:
    1. Choose Me > Preferences > Advanced.
    2. Select Show Advanced Menu.
    3. Choose Advanced > Rebake Textures.
  • Open your Inventory and enter a charcater (like a) in the Filter Inventory field. The number of items displayed in the top left of the INVENTORY window will increase as the servers fetch your inventory. Wait until the number stops increasing (this might take some time, depending on how much stuff you have), then relog.
  • Re-wear your normal shape, skin, clothes, and attachments. This step is much easier if you are using a pre-existing saved outfit, but remember notto save anything before your avatar is restored!
  • Clear the Second Life Viewer's cache.
  • Use the avatar picker to access and wear a default avatar. Simply click the Avatar  button on the toolbar and choose from an extensive collection of vampires, humans, animals, robots and vehicles.

Tip: Freebie clothing or old clothing and shapes can have performance issues in Second Life. Changing clothes and shapes often solves the problem.

2 minutes ago, Ulrika Jewell said:

I will look for the solution I hope I didn’t delete the info 

Found 

as follows 

Bake fail

2. Choose Me > Preferences > Graphics.
  3. Move the Quality and speed slider to the left (a lower setting).
  4. Click the Advanced button.
  5. Move the Draw distance slider to the left.
  6. Move the Mesh detail slider for Avatars to Low.
  7. Avatar impostors is checked by default. If you have unchecked it, enable this feature again.

If your avatar appears discolored or misshapen

If your avatar appears in strange, unintended colors or shows spikes, bumps, or other unsightly protrusions coming out of its body, check your graphics card to make sure it is supported and that the drivers are up to date. Learn more about graphics cards.

If the problem persists:

1. Go to Me > Preferences > Graphics tab.
  2. Click the Advanced button to show additional options.
  3. Uncheck Hardware skinning.
  4. Click OK to confirm. You may also need to restart the Viewer.

Additional helpful techniques

Try these from the top until one works:

• Quit and restart the Second Life Viewer (also called "relogging").
  • Right-click yourself and choose Edit My Outfit (don't save anything). In the APPEARANCE window, click the Back (<) button.
  • Rebake textures by following these steps:
    1. Choose Me > Preferences > Advanced.
    2. Select Show Advanced Menu.
    3. Choose Advanced > Rebake Textures.
  • Open your Inventory and enter a charcater (like a) in the Filter Inventory field. The number of items displayed in the top left of the INVENTORY window will increase as the servers fetch your inventory. Wait until the number stops increasing (this might take some time, depending on how much stuff you have), then relog.
  • Re-wear your normal shape, skin, clothes, and attachments. This step is much easier if you are using a pre-existing saved outfit, but remember notto save anything before your avatar is restored!
  • Clear the Second Life Viewer's cache.
  • Use the avatar picker to access and wear a default avatar. Simply click the Avatar  button on the toolbar and choose from an extensive collection of vampires, humans, animals, robots and vehicles.

Tip: Freebie clothing or old clothing and shapes can have performance issues in Second Life. Changing clothes and shapes often solves the problem.

More 

Thank you for contacting Second Life support to let us know that you've been affected by this incident, and thank you very much for your patience! We have set a script to run on your account which should fix this issue, and return your avatar's appearance to normal. In order to ensure it is applied correctly, please use the following directions:

1. If you are logged in, log out of Second Life.
  2. Log into Second Life using the official Second Life viewer. If you do not currently have it, you can download it here: https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/
  3. Please note: If you prefer a third party viewer, you will be able to return to using it after taking these steps!
  4. Once you are logged in, please open your Lost and Found folder. You will see one or more Current Look folders here. Please delete them from your Lost and Found, and then delete them from your Trash folder as well.
  5. Please note: Deleting them from your Trash folder is crucial!
  6. If at this point your avatar loads normally, move on to step 6. If you do not, please move on to step 5.
  7. If your avatar does not appear normally, please set it to a test avatar via DevelopAvatar Character Test Test Male or Test Female. If you do not have the Develop menu available you can enable it via Me Preferences Advanced Show Develop Menu.
  8. Clear your viewer's cache via Me Preferences Advanced Clear Cache.
  9. Log out of the Second Life viewer.
  10. You may now log back in with whichever viewer your prefer, and dress your avatar as you wish!

23 minutes ago, Alex43692 said:

DgiqTp.png

Hope this helped you 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.