Second Iife doesnt work!

EzhnoMahkahAkecheta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Whatever you all are doing, is ruining Second Life of many players and friends that are unable to play, rezz in correctly load properly and slow with crashes. This has been ongoing since it been messed with.. No one nor I had any sort of issues weeks ago until recently. I am unable to play at all.. I have things that need to be done that are way past due thanks to all this mess. Leave SL alone. Dont fix what isnt broken. This is getting ridiculous!! and no its not my internet. 

• Haha 1

6 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, RavenzClaw said:

Whatever you all are doing, is ruining Second Life of many players and friends that are unable to play, rezz in correctly load properly and slow with crashes. This has been ongoing since it been messed with.. No one nor I had any sort of issues weeks ago until recently. I am unable to play at all.. I have things that need to be done that are way past due thanks to all this mess. Leave SL alone. Dont fix what isnt broken. This is getting ridiculous!! and no its not my internet. 

You are possibly having issues while they move services to the cloud 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@RavenzClaw you are fairly clueless.

Most Tuesdays the server code is updated with a new version. For a few years that has been true. And you haven't noticed. 

On most Wednesdays the test channel of regions is updated with 1 to 3 versions of release candidate versions of the server software which they hope to release the next week and you haven't noticed.

Have you noticed that when a region simulator is not restarted for a couple of weeks performance goes way way down? That is caused by problems in the existing system. Those problems are being diagnosed and fixes planned. It is an ongoing effort that results in updates every week.

The SL JIRA is the place where users file bug reports and feature requests. There are several dozen bug reports filed weekly. The updates fix those bugs. Bet you didn't know that.

The SL viewer gets new features and bug fixes about every 6+/- weeks or so. Some third party viewers fewer or more often fixes or feature updates. Surely you noticed that.

The entire server side system is being moved into the cloud. The Lindens call it the uplift. This is being done to reduce the operating cost which eventually will reduce land cost and improve performance and gain computing power for future enhancements. SL is constantly changing for the better. Which I am sure you have have been oblivious to. 

After 23 posts to the SL Forum you had yet to figure out this is a user-to-user forum and had to be told.

Some bug shook your world and woke you, you stumbled in here and made a grand display of your ignorance. You are now welcome to go back to sleep until next time or join the SL community that works to make the system better and learn something about the SL system.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I doubt that this has anything to do with "the cloud". The main impact of "the cloud" is that it's tied up most of the server developers for the last year. There are a few user accessible sims on the main grid that are in "the cloud"; Hippotropolis is one. They work fine.

Now there was a big problem with clothing two days ago, because of a problem with the texture baking server. The texture baking server composites all the texture layers for an avatar (skin, tattoos, texture clothing, etc.) into one texture. A bug introduced by an update had it losing layers, resulting in broken clothing looks. . That seems to be fixed.

Teleports, region crossings, and connecting to adjacent regions have been troublesome for years. LL has not done enough to fix it. It's my biggest beef with LL. Some of that gets better in "the cloud", because the networking within the data center is faster there, and some of it doesn't. A recent fix made region crossings more reliable for objects (vehicles, mostly) but avatar crossings are still a problem.

2021 needs to have more developer time spent on server side bug fixes.

56 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

@RavenzClaw you are fairly clueless.

Most Tuesdays the server code is updated with a new version. For a few years that has been true. And you haven't noticed. 

On most Wednesdays the test channel of regions is updated with 1 to 3 versions of release candidate versions of the server software which they hope to release the next week and you haven't noticed.

Have you noticed that when a region simulator is not restarted for a couple of weeks performance goes way way down? That is caused by problems in the existing system. Those problems are being diagnosed and fixes planned. It is an ongoing effort that results in updates every week.

The SL JIRA is the place where users file bug reports and feature requests. There are several dozen bug reports filed weekly. The updates fix those bugs. Bet you didn't know that.

The SL viewer gets new features and bug fixes about every 6+/- weeks or so. Some third party viewers fewer or more often fixes or feature updates. Surely you noticed that.

The entire server side system is being moved into the cloud. The Lindens call it the uplift. This is being done to reduce the operating cost which eventually will reduce land cost and improve performance and gain computing power for future enhancements. SL is constantly changing for the better. Which I am sure you have have been oblivious to. 

After 23 posts to the SL Forum you had yet to figure out this is a user-to-user forum and had to be told.

Some bug shook your world and woke you, you stumbled in here and made a grand display of your ignorance. You are now welcome to go back to sleep until next time or join the SL community that works to make the system better and learn something about the SL system.

You used good words!!!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.