Halloween tour 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Feather Muircastle said:

I’ve been in SL since 2006.  Don’t need a newbie portal

It isn't actually a newbie portal exclusively just somewhere LL have been pointing new residents too along with a bunch of other places at the end of the orientation process. It originally started out as a Linden Realms portal park As long as you aren't banned from there (i was for quite a while) everyone can go there to access the various games and attractions offered

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

It isn't actually a newbie portal exclusively just somewhere LL have been pointing new residents too along with a bunch of other places at the end of the orientation process.

It's not a newbie portal at all.  Portal Park is a region full of portals to Linden Lab recreational sites.  People have been using it for ages as a way to get to places like Linden Realms and Paleoquest, and the Halloween ride.  Some newbies are going there directly from Learning Island, is all.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Feather Muircastle said:

I’ve been in SL since 2006.  Don’t need a newbie portal

That post wasn't for you. It was obvious Tarina didn't know LL had opened their Halloween events so I told her by posting what one of the moles said. If you had actually clicked on it and read the post you would have seen what I was telling Tarina.

LL's Halloween Tour is not a newbie portal. Which you would know if you had read the post I quoted. Which just happens to be the exact same event you posted screenshots of.

🙄

About the portal bickering: WHATEVER.

This "coffin ride" Haunted Halloween Tour is pretty amazing, and that's coming from somebody who usually has little patience for "haunted house" spookfests. It's elaborate and very extended: budget some time to get through it all. Also enable Advanced Lighting Model, use shared (aka "region" or "estate") environment lighting, and with sound turned on (headphones are good for this one).

I arrived through the portal in Millbank or you can wander around spooky Millbank from the landing point you'll get in the Destination Guide.

Technically, it appeared to do a very good job of texture management. (One quibble: there's a mesh with junky LOD that keeps flying toward the cam - somebody forgot to test with standard-issue RenderVolumeLodFactor.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feather Muircastle said:

Not bickering....I admit I may have misunderstood that post.

...but yes it was a great ride and there are more out there :)

Thank you. And I apologize for getting a bit snippy. Not your fault misunderstandings on the forum can be frequent.

2 hours ago, Feather Muircastle said:

Not bickering....I admit I may have misunderstood that post.

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Thank you. And I apologize for getting a bit snippy. Not your fault misunderstandings on the forum can be frequent.

Guys, sorry, after re-reading posts in the thread and realizing I was overreacting, I really intended to lose that whole dumb comment about "bickering" -- and then distracted myself with adding links and tracking down debug settings and forgetting all about it. Again, my apologies.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Guys, sorry, after re-reading posts in the thread and realizing I was overreacting, I really intended to lose that whole dumb comment about "bickering" -- and then distracted myself with adding links and tracking down debug settings and forgetting all about it. Again, my apologies.

No worries. It was a legitimate derail, but still a derail.  You can TP directly to most of the LDPW sites like Paleoquest and Linden Realms without going through the Portal Park, so I bet that a lot of people have never been there. Portal Park is a convenient hub, that's all.  I find it really handy for getting to the seasonal places (Halloween, Winter Wonderland, and Isle of View) that are only open for a month or two. I forget about them the rest of the year, and can't always find an old LM I might have made last time.

2 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

You owned your words and apologized for them. That's all anyone can ask.

It's happened before and it will happen again. ~The Cylons

We're cool even if you do make me wanna clang you with a cast iron skillet sometimes🤭

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.