Linden Realms is now up on Aditi!

Mazidox Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Hello again everyone!

It's been a little while since my last major announcement (although Maestro and Oz have hopefully been giving you plenty to chew on) regarding uplifted simulators, but our devs and QA have been hard at work! Today we're happy to announce that we have a preliminary version of Linden Realms up for you to test on Aditi. This new milestone tests several additional facets of cloud based simulators, including LSL Experience Key-Value storage, and LSL HTTP-out, plus many of the standard LSL calls that need to work on cloud based simulators.

To get started, you can visit the following Portal Park: secondlife://Aditi/secondlife/Portal%20Park/101/155/54

Objectives:

Look for differences in behavior, game mechanics, or things that don't work right compared to Agni's Linden Realms.

Known Issues:

None!

Bonus Reminder:

We recently put up four HTTP-out enabled sandboxes in the Cloud. Because I'm not very good at naming things they're called:

• Cloud Sandbox 1
  • Cloud Sandbox 2
  • Cloud Sandbox 3
  • Cloud Sandbox 4
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Mazidox Linden said:

This new milestone tests several additional facets of cloud based simulators, including LSL Experience Key-Value storage

Put Mauve or Animesh Adult on 2020-08-24.547621 and I'll be the judge of that, heh.

Alternatively, add 'Aditi Test Experience' to any of the cloud sandboxes.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire

On 9/21/2020 at 8:44 AM, Barbie Baddingham said:

Are the portals in the portal park supposed to be "live" because I can't go through them. Is anyone else having this issue or am I the special one?

When I checked in Aditi only the Linden Realm portal was live, and just one LR estate was loaded. It's just a test to compare LR in the cloud vs the present LR and look for new bugs not already in the main LR.

Region crossings were faster, there was no lag at all, and I didn't keep losing the HUD like in the existing LR servers.  But then I was the only one in the entire LR estate, so I would expect no lag.  The loading of the LR HUD was also fast when I entered the village from the portal.  Unlike the existing LR, where the HUD either never loads, or can take minutes to load.  The workaround to their non loading LR HUD is to run around outside the village and cross region boundaries.  That usually wakes up the HUD loading after a minute or so.  The HUD loading station in the village simply does not work anymore!  

Biggest problem with existing LR is when a region gets 8 or more avatars, or whenever a region is sharing with other overloaded regions, you get motion lag, rubberbanding, and loss of avatar control, which can lead to SL logging you out.   Usually one of the quests are broken too, and you need to switch to other LR estates (there are three now, down from six) to complete all the quests. Whether the breakdowns and lag in the present LR will exist in the cloud is unknown - they need the dozens of avatars with multiple attached followers, the flyers with illegal huds, and the constant region crossing  of avatars to really test it.   So, without any avatars and their threesome cheaters, and the monsters bored unable to lock on and chase, the cloud looks good.  :)

Edited by Jaylinbridges

9 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Biggest problem with existing LR is when a region gets 8 or more avatars

Yes. What users haven't yet seen in "the cloud" is a busy sim with 5000 or so scripts, most of the object capacity used, and 40 or so avatars. The empty sandboxes are working fine now. It's time for load testing.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.