wear on belleza body

ynck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Jake still needs that free third party add-on to activate BOM support. It's found on the marketplace and has some huge banners in the Belleza mainstore.

Wow.  I would have thought they had updated by now.  Good to know.

On 9/9/2020 at 4:56 AM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Just gonna say... I had people with less than an hour of actual inworld experience play with their Jake bodies and getting to know the options.

You should definitely read instructions or at least watch tutorial video. There are plenty of instructions even around here, it's no rocket science.

I have had the Jake body since it came out for my M-Alt...and I still can't work it 😂

Edited by Jordan Whitt

@ynck I don't have the Jake body but I'll try my best.

From my knowledge, your mesh avatar turns red if you have turned off BOM but have not used a skin applier.

If you want to use a skin applier, turn off BOM, and wear an alpha.

If you want to use a system/BOM skin, turn on BOM, and do not wear an alpha.

The underwear in your OP is a system/BOM layer so for it to show, you need to be using system/BOM skin. Make sure you have gone through the steps for BOM to work.

Let us know which part you don't understand.

• Haha 1

Hey ynck, 

1. the swimsuit you tried to wear is for the system body.  That is the avatar you got when you first joined SL -- we call it the "system body."  When you see the little "clothes" icon beside the swimsuit in your inventory, that tells you it is for the system body, NOT for your mesh body.  Sometimes the little icon is of a "shirt," or an icon of "pants", those all tell you they are for your old system avatar.  

2. Now, you have a very nice mesh body and it does not wear "system" clothes.  So, don't even try to wear that swimsuit.  Go shopping for mesh clothes that say they are made for Belleza; they won't have those little clothing icons in your inventory beside them, they will have the little box icon.  You just right click and "add" the mesh clothes that are made for Belleza and you are done.  When you shop for clothes you will see what bodies they are made for, they will tell you.  And when you see "Belleza" is listed, then you know you can buy it and successfully wear it.  The a free "Demo" first and see if you like it.  

3. There is a way for your mesh body to wear those "system clothes" and it is called using BOM.  You do NOT have to do this.  It is just a choice you can make later.  I personally never use BOM.  I use the Belleza skin and body and buy mesh clothes that work for Belleza.  Simple.

4. Learn about BOM later.

Good luck, mate!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.