Sellers, You Are Losing Sales Because of Timed Demos

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I know, it's a bummer.

I started a thread about the possibility of being able to BUY directly from a DEMO

How hard would it be to add a link to the full item from the packing box or even as a clickable obstructor etc. Some need to remember that consumers like me are lazy. From that perspective it is too bad that when "buying" a demo or any other thing from the MP, it doesn't open a new tab to do it leaving the original page on the browser instead of having to go back 3-4 pages.

2 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

How hard would it be to add a link to the full item from the packing box or even as a clickable obstructor etc. Some need to remember that consumers like me are lazy. From that perspective it is too bad that when "buying" a demo or any other thing from the MP, it doesn't open a new tab to do it leaving the original page on the browser instead of having to go back 3-4 pages.

As far as what else came out of the thread I started about the possibility of buying directly from a DEMO, it was said it could be scripted to link to the MP page, I believe, but not to buy directly from say this hypothetical HUD DEMO.  

I wonder if with Tilla they could ever possibly do a Tilla buy HUD so we could buy from the demo but even that could leave the door open to scammers, those who might buy from a say the hypothetical DEMO buy HUD made by someone else and not officially a Tilla buy HUD for example.   There is no way to alert all of SL users they would have to buy from a Tilla authorized buy HUD is what I am saying here.  There have been many times I have not purchased because I didn't want to go back and find the item, this is especially true for me with laggy events where it can take a long time just to get the DEMOS and I would love to be able to buy from the DEMO.  It may not be possible, however, ever.  But linked to MP, is possible, I believe.   

• Haha 1

Or how about those demos with everything?

• 5min timer
  • A dozen floating, rigged boxes with rotating watermarks
  • No texture on the item itself, just has a solid white background with "demo" stamped over it a million times
  • Anti-rez
  • Only left shoe
  • 1L demos cause they want to make a bit of profit on this. No it's not cause of that fake "you can't set it to 0L on vendor scripts" excuse, CasperVend clearly supports 0L, they simply don't want to set it to 0L

Gotta love those. Do creators seriously think people are gonna buy their stuff with demos like this? The lack of common sense is just astounding.

Edited by MelodicRain
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Honey Crisp said:

I got one today from a well known, rather pricey, long-time designer....with a TWO minute demo. I was glad I tried it on at home! AND every piece had a demo box hanging off of it. Sorry, pass.

Two minutes!? Two??? I smell paranoia!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.