heyo so im Heaven and im a wedding planner

babystawbaries

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

are u looking for a dream wedding but just cant make it or do u not know where to start or dont even know where to find that dress well u have came to the rt place i will help u make ur dream wedding i will help u with a guest list/venue/wedding outfits/the after party/also with the hours . instead of paying 100 inrl i will help u with all of theses things for cheaper everything ur paying me will be put into ur dream sl wedding my highest price 20000 and thats just my highest i do wayy cheaper.

14 hours ago, babystawbaries said:

are u looking for a dream wedding but just cant make it or do u not know where to start or dont even know where to find that dress well u have came to the rt place i will help u make ur dream wedding i will help u with a guest list/venue/wedding outfits/the after party/also with the hours . instead of paying 100 inrl i will help u with all of theses things for cheaper everything ur paying me will be put into ur dream sl wedding my highest price 20000 and thats just my highest i do wayy cheaper.

Do you have a portfolio?

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, babystawbaries said:

um not really butt u can always come talk to ppl who worked with me 

Talking is all great. but having a portfolio to show case your previous work upfront will help find clients or take them in more in a successful way.

26 minutes ago, karenx0 said:

Talking is all great. but having a portfolio to show case your previous work upfront will help find clients or take them in more in a successful way.

Really?  Who doesn't have a flickr or something where they post pics?  

10 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

Really?  Who doesn't have a flickr or something where they post pics?  

Well, apparently, she doesn't have, I am guessing. But I am guessing (either way) everyone (who doesn't even work in sl) have Flickr too.

9 hours ago, xixiiiii said:

there are other platforms too that you can make to display your talent 

It's not about the platforms, it's about having a Portfolio to show case your previous work. Portfolio is like the very base foundation. If your house doesn't have a foundation you can't build it, it will most likely fall apart. But if you have a foundation, you can build a house and eventually it will get stronger while it ages. Portfolio works kinda like that, people will get attracted to your work when they see the portfolio, and that way you can get more clients. The portfolio also helps in advertising as well. It's actually mandatory to have a portfolio who works in the creative field.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

So call me a snob. I would not trust somebody to work for me who does not care about grammar and capital letters. This is an advertisement for work... You are supposed to entice me, so I hire you! Not bum a smoke from me.

That's a point as well. And with the use of grammar and capital letters, one more thing which is missing is the lack in professionalism.

11 hours ago, karenx0 said:

It's not about the platforms, it's about having a Portfolio to show case your previous work. Portfolio is like the very base foundation. If your house doesn't have a foundation you can't build it, it will most likely fall apart. But if you have a foundation, you can build a house and eventually it will get stronger while it ages. Portfolio works kinda like that, people will get attracted to your work when they see the portfolio, and that way you can get more clients. The portfolio also helps in advertising as well. It's actually mandatory to have a portfolio who works in the creative field.

yes i know the basis of what a portfolio does & i understand what you're saying, but she's saying that she doesn't have one but if she has any other forms of social media that displays her talents she could be able to work from that so people can see what's she's done so far. 

22 minutes ago, xixiiiii said:

she's saying that she doesn't have one
but if she has any other forms of social media that displays her talents

if she says she doesn't have a portfolio... it means for me she doesnt have one at another platform either... or she would have one.... logicly....

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

if she says she doesn't have a portfolio... it means for me she doesnt have one at another platform either... or she would have one.... logicly....

yes but logically she might and im just making a suggestion for her. 

31 minutes ago, xixiiiii said:

yes but logically she might and im just making a suggestion for her. 

She actually doesn't have a portfolio. Neither as a wedding planner, nor as a stylist. If she had she would't said: 

On 11/3/2020 at 11:51 PM, babystawbaries said:

um not really butt u can always come talk to ppl who worked with me 

Talking to people about how good are you is all good, but not a full proof to show your work. Doesn't matter if you are an old user started new, but without seeing previous work, I don't think the charm would work.

34 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

But really, it's been 3 months since her original post(s).  She has one about being a stylist also yet in 3 months, still no portfolio.  Damn good business practice ya got going there!!

You ask her for portfolio, she tells you to talk to people who worked with her before, so I am guessing that's a new trend of portfolio? Who knows, it's 2020 afterall, anything could happen. xD

50 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

It means the same for me as well. Apparently talking to people is the new portfolio.

3 minutes ago, karenx0 said:

You ask her for portfolio, she tells you to talk to people who worked with her before, so I am guessing that's a new trend of portfolio? Who knows, it's 2020 afterall, anything could happen. xD

There's another girl in the forums looking for work as a photographer/model.  She has a well written ad with links to her Flickr.  It's not that hard to write about yourself and put some pics up somewhere and then put the link in your add.

Edited by RowanMinx

3 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

There's another girl in the forums looking for work as a photographer/model.  She has a well written ad with links to her Flickr.  It's not that hard to write about yourself and put some pics up somewhere and then put the link in your add.

Yeah, I saw that as well. She's lacking professionalism on her posts (I mean this current one). Plus there's this:

On 7/28/2020 at 12:09 PM, babystawbaries said:

instead of paying 100 inrl i will help u with all of theses things for cheaper everything ur paying me will be put into ur dream sl wedding my highest price 20000 and thats just my highest i do wayy cheaper.

Not sure what she meant by paying 100 in RL...? But the way she said her highest price is 20k, but she can do cheaper? I might be wrong, but isn't it a little weird?

6 minutes ago, karenx0 said:

Yeah, I saw that as well. She's lacking professionalism on her posts (I mean this current one). Plus there's this:

Not sure what she meant by paying 100 in RL...? But the way she said her highest price is 20k, but she can do cheaper? I might be wrong, but isn't it a little weird?

If I were to pay someone for do a wedding, I'd want to purchase the items they need and they could do the decorating.  Then, they'd be paid for the work and I'd still own the items.  20000L for what exactly?  Items she would buy and keep?  No way in he.l.l. do I see anyone doing that.  If you want to be a wedding planner, you should have a list of items for the client to purchase IMO.  Unless you have a specific wedding venue that is yours with several options for the client to choose from as far as decore/theme.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

If I were to pay someone for do a wedding, I'd want to purchase the items they need and they could do the decorating.  Then, they'd be paid for the work and I'd still own the items.  20000L for what exactly?  Items she would buy and keep?  No way in he.l.l. do I see anyone doing that.  If you want to be a wedding planner, you should have a list of items for the client to purchase IMO.  Unless you have a specific wedding venue that is yours with several options for the client to choose from as far as decore/theme.

Very much agreeable.

Ps: She replied after 3 months, she's gonna reply after more 3 months later.

On 11/5/2020 at 12:15 PM, karenx0 said:

She actually doesn't have a portfolio. Neither as a wedding planner, nor as a stylist. If she had she would't said: 

Talking to people about how good are you is all good, but not a full proof to show your work. Doesn't matter if you are an old user started new, but without seeing previous work, I don't think the charm would work.

i agree

On 11/5/2020 at 12:28 PM, karenx0 said:

100% lol because who's paying 100 in rl ??? & 20k that's nowhere near cheap 

6 hours ago, xixiiiii said:

100% lol because who's paying 100 in rl ??? & 20k that's nowhere near cheap 

It's not, she said, 20k is her highest price but she does cheaper as well. And about the 100 in rl, please tell me who pays 100 for rl wedding 😒

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.