Black screen on startup?

LeeleeMonroe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

11 answers to this question

This might not be possible for you to do, but if it is, there might be something in the provided info that might give a clue as to what your problem might be with your PC. 

When you start either Firestorm or Kokua (which I use on a desktop without any issues) do the viewer menu headings display at the top of the screen?  and if they do are you able to go to Help -> About Firestorm (or Help -> About Kokua)?  and does the "About" window pop-up displaying your system info?  If it does, copying the contents of the "info" page and pasting it here would be helpful.

No, sadly it doesn't Moira. It is a complete black screen apart from the boxes in which you use to type password and username...for firestorm i see the far left orange rectangle box(for username..filled in with black just the orange outline) and if i move the cursor to the right the other orange outlined boxes appear, but i can't type anything at all!

2 minutes ago, LeeleeMonroe said:

No, sl viewer is fine on pc Molly. and FS works on laptop just not this pc :(

other than clean install which Lindal already mentioned I can't immediately think of anything for why LL viewer runs ok and Firestorm doesn't.  Might have to log in on your laptop and ask in the inworld Firestorm Support group

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.