Linden Realms abuses

nafys

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, Mollymews said:

example: I go to a new Linden Realms - all non-LR experience scripts are disabled. My ears and my tail would be disabled, as would my AO and my bento animation HUD

Just entering a parcel with public scripts disabled doesn't stop animations.

https://gyazo.com/cb6b3036c4d46eb94505f7838e8b043c

Here is my avatar, observed by an alt who logged on and entered the region after me, standing in a region with scripts disabled at the region level, so not even control perms will allow scripts to run and as you see, my ears, tails, face and AO stand animations are still playing. Also since my AO uses llSetAnimationOverride(), its operation is bound to my account regardless if scripts are disabled or if I detach the AO and will continue to change animations depending on my locomotion.

Yes, applications that poll the wearer's locomotion won't be able to change animations if they don't use llSetAnimationOverride().

The purpose of the feature isn't to cherry pick amongst public scripts. It is obvious that flipping the switch will not allow ANY public scripts. It is up to the game operator to determine if that is a necessary/sufficient sacrifice.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Just entering a parcel with public scripts disabled doesn't stop animations.

https://gyazo.com/cb6b3036c4d46eb94505f7838e8b043c

Here is my avatar, observed by an alt who logged on and entered the region after me, standing in a region with scripts disabled at the region level, so not even control perms will allow scripts to run and as you see, my ears, tails, face and AO stand animations are still playing. Also since my AO uses llSetAnimationOverride(), its operation is bound to my account regardless if scripts are disabled or if I detach the AO and will continue to change animations depending on my locomotion

yes. The last animation will continue to play. We can't tho change to another animation with our own non-experience script in the Disable Non-Experience scripts scenario sans llAnimationOverride

i think that the most benefit for a Disable Non-Experience scripts scenario would be to sell product. Product which contains This Experience enabled scripts. Product like game characters and weapons for example. And/or pre-compiled script packs enabling other modelers to make stuff for our This Experience framework   

Edited by Mollymews
sans

22 hours ago, Mollymews said:

i think that the most benefit for a Disable Non-Experience scripts scenario would be to sell product. Product which contains This Experience enabled scripts. Product like game characters and weapons for example. And/or pre-compiled script packs enabling other modelers to make stuff for our This Experience framework

That is one possible environment outside of ones fully built/scripted/operated by an in-house team.

One other use case is to simply block unwanted/unnecessary script resource usage over a particular parcel.

Currently, turning scripts off at the parcel level only blocks non-controls scripts up to 50 meters above land height.

Anything above that height will continue to run. Controls scripts, depending on how they're coded, will run regardless of height.

A feature that blocks ALL "unregulated" scripts could result in actual observed/effective script control.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Controls scripts, depending on how they're coded will run regardless of height.

on this

i notice that control scripts only now seem to work in HUDs below the height ceiling, and no longer in recompiled attachments, when scripts are parcel disabled

i might be wrong and you have quite a lot more experience than me in these kinds of observable matters. So I wonder if you have seen this yourself, or is it just me ?

7 hours ago, Mollymews said:

on this

i notice that control scripts only now seem to work in HUDs below the height ceiling, and no longer in recompiled attachments, when scripts are parcel disabled

i might be wrong and you have quite a lot more experience than me in these kinds of observable matters. So I wonder if you have seen this yourself, or is it just me ?

I just did a controls test with a newly saved script in an attachment on my hand and one in an HUD. They both had the same behavior.

What you may be experiencing is the change LL made, IIRC, back when they were neutering the physics engine in preparation for pathfinding by reducing the amount of collision handling per frame before sending to pending state and reducing the energy transfer limit. During this time the no-script parcel behavior for controls scripts was changed to prioritize events when inputs from the perms owner's viewer were detected, regardless if they were actually any of the controls taken. No inputs detected could result in an event triggering up to once a minute.

Before this, controls perms were enough to keep the script running without any actual inputs from the viewer.

Again, I may be wrong about the implement time period.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

I just did a controls test with a newly saved script in an attachment on my hand and one in an HUD. They both had the same behavior.

thanks! I will look into what else I might need to do then

basically my issue is that I recreated a old school flex prim tail and my newly written tail twitch script stops working on no-script parcel even tho it llTakeControls the same as how it used to done

i will have another play taking what you have mentioned into consideration

1 hour ago, Mollymews said:

thanks! I will look into what else I might need to do then

basically my issue is that I recreated a old school flex prim tail and my newly written tail twitch script stops working on no-script parcel even tho it llTakeControls the same as how it used to done

i will have another play taking what you have mentioned into consideration

The delay depends on the number of script eps in a region.

My 1 second timer controls test triggers every 3 seconds in a single, no-script parcel region with no other rezzed scripts and no controls usage.

Test was done in the region LagLand.

• Thanks 1

@Jaylinbridges

hi,

I'll explain why I created this post and used the phrase: does anyone care about that?
I have little knowledge of SL, bad rules do not depend on time, but on the knowledge base, access the page read understand and follow, this is a fact.
I received an email stating that "I WAS USING A FLYING SYSTEM"
I replied seeking to know the reasons why I received this warning:
the answer I got was not in keeping with the fact.
I sent everything I use: be it avatar, hud, where to buy links, I sent the videos before the date, and after the date
where I am at Linden Realms.
which led me to the conclusion that:
I received an automatic email and not from a human analyzing facts.
From that day on, it was that I started to pay attention and record the account names that I was making a report on.
and I may be wrong if I am, I apologize to those who know better
but my conclusion was that: what matters is the number of reports that an account receives, and not the fact itself!

AEAUpng.png

33 minutes ago, nafys said:

my conclusion was that: what matters is the number of reports that an account receives, and not the fact itself!

The "anti-cheat system" in Linden Realms is automatic, at least the part that sends you home if you're moving too fast.

When an avatar gets reported, it is never automated. @Linden Lab has multiple teams manually checking the reports.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

When an avatar gets reported, it is never automated

hi Wulfie

I will understand that your answer is due to your experience, but I very much doubt that a human would say to me: congratulations when I'm wanting information, continue to report!

I better forget what I read in rules
but live my SL and enjoy my babies

report to machines, not worth the effort

5 minutes ago, nafys said:

hi Wulfie

I will understand that your answer is due to your experience, but I very much doubt that a human would say to me: congratulations when I'm wanting information, continue to report!

I better forget what I read in rules
but live my SL and enjoy my babies

report to machines, not worth the effort

congratulations

3 hours ago, nafys said:

@Jaylinbridges

hi,

I'll explain why I created this post and used the phrase: does anyone care about that?
I have little knowledge of SL, bad rules do not depend on time, but on the knowledge base, access the page read understand and follow, this is a fact.
I received an email stating that "I WAS USING A FLYING SYSTEM"
I replied seeking to know the reasons why I received this warning:
the answer I got was not in keeping with the fact.
I sent everything I use: be it avatar, hud, where to buy links, I sent the videos before the date, and after the date
where I am at Linden Realms.
which led me to the conclusion that:
I received an automatic email and not from a human analyzing facts.
From that day on, it was that I started to pay attention and record the account names that I was making a report on.
and I may be wrong if I am, I apologize to those who know better
but my conclusion was that: what matters is the number of reports that an account receives, and not the fact itself!

AEAUpng.png

No!

E8683536-154A-4D43-8E57-AABCA981141D.jpeg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.