Anyone recognise this male skin?

Maitimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

c62021e305959283ce6fa57df55705ab.thumb.jpg.ed39b43c406c3fc554f98a72af9e8836.jpg

It's a dollarbie on the MP so it's probably old, but it's very nice, and that rings alarm bells for a dollarbie. In particular it has prominent diagonal veins on the upper pecs, and I am sure I've seen that feature somewhere before. 

On the hopeful side, it is no-copy so it might be a gacha...

(And yes, Nel is now Caucasian. I decided that having a black avatar was probably be in bad taste given the current situation).

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

If it is a legit gacha, the creator does not change even if owner changes.

If it is a ripoff, the name of creator is the one who has uploaded it the stolen textures, yes? If it is the same as the MP seller, it is not a gacha.

The skins from Sweet's are safe to buy, and only 0 and 1 L. If you feel uncomfortable using a skin that is probably a ripoff, you can try one of those skins?

59 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

(And yes, Nel is now Caucasian. I decided that having a black avatar was probably be in bad taste given the current situation).

If you want to have a black avatar mate then I say go for it. I don't think it's in bad taste at all and you have the right to do what ever you want to. If someone has an issue with it and wants to get sensitive about then that really is their issue not yours mate. Do what YOU want to do. Don't worry about them other folks my friend. Stay doing you.👍😎

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

If it is a legit gacha, the creator does not change even if owner changes.

If it is a ripoff, the name of creator is the one who has uploaded it the stolen textures, yes? If it is the same as the MP seller, it is not a gacha.

The skins from Sweet's are safe to buy, and only 0 and 1 L. If you feel uncomfortable using a skin that is probably a ripoff, you can try one of those skins?

OK its not a gacha then. The seller's name and the creator's name are the same. I didn't think to check that. I've tried the Sweet's skins too but they are not even as good as the starter avatar skins, so I'll stick with one of those.

Or just turn Nel into a girl...  😄

10 hours ago, Velk Kerang said:

If you want to have a black avatar mate then I say go for it. I don't think it's in bad taste at all and you have the right to do what ever you want to. If someone has an issue with it and wants to get sensitive about then that really is their issue not yours mate. Do what YOU want to do. Don't worry about them other folks my friend. Stay doing you.👍😎

^^^ What he said ^^^

How is it different from men playing women or women playing men...or the whole furry/neko/cute little cat avatar thing?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Velk Kerang said:

9 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

^^^ What he said ^^^

How is it different from men playing women or women playing men...or the whole furry/neko/cute little cat avatar thing?

^^^^^

What they both said. I wouldn't think in bad taste at all really, no more than being a cat, or a dragon, or a genius level intellect sea sponge. It's YOUR SL, no one else's. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

^^^ What he said ^^^

Thanks. It is very different though, at the moment. Out of all the minorities in the world, being black is the only one that is currently getting huge media attention and political campaigns.  There is no #AsianLivesMatter or #MuslimLivesMatter. Okay there is a #TransLivesMatter but in comparison it's very small and little-known outside of the LGBT community.

Me being a guy in RL with a female avatar is probably not likely to offend any RL women out there. Me being a human in RL with an elf or cat avatar is definitely not going to offend any RL elves or cats. Me being a white guy in RL with a black avatar? That's definitely got the potential to be very offensive to many RL black people.

Edited by Maitimo

3 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Thanks. It is very different though, at the moment. Out of all the minorities in the world, being black is the only one that is currently getting huge media attention and political campaigns.  There is no #AsianLivesMatter or #MuslimLivesMatter. Okay there is a #TransLivesMatter but in comparison it's very small and little-known outside of the LGBT community.

Me being a guy in RL with a female avatar is probably not likely to offend any RL women out there. Me being a human in RL with an elf or cat avatar is definitely not going to offend any RL elves or cats. Me being a white guy in RL with a black avatar? That's definitely got the potential to be very offensive to many RL black people.

Nowhere does it say in the TOS when you sign up to SL that you HAVE to be the ethnicity you are in RL.  I find the world we are now living in a very scary and sad place.

19 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Nowhere does it say in the TOS when you sign up to SL that you HAVE to be the ethnicity you are in RL.  I find the world we are now living in a very scary and sad place.

It doesn't, of course, and you're right, it is. 

17 hours ago, Maitimo said:

But I don't see how it's hurting those of African American descent... If you TRULY want to portray an African American and it not be a parody (or a straight up racial slur... (like blackface--man I hate even typing that)), then I still can't see how it causes any harm. I'd personally love a African American to sound off here, because as a white male, my view may very well be skewed without my knowledge. If it is, I do apologize. 

I'm merely offering my opinion, that you should play how you want to. 

13 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

We can only hope that all this terror will bring about real change. I know in the US, the coronavirus has certainly made the divide of racial inequality glaringly obvious. 

BLM has done the same thing, and it makes me so ANGRY that it took someone kneeling on another man's neck for almost NINE minutes to shine that gruesome light. If it takes ANYONE nine minutes to subdue another person THAT WAS HANDCUFFED ALREADY, I hope they burn.

On the flip side, two of our local sheriff's deputies were stabbed multiple times by a shoplifter without them using any more force than their words. The offender's own grandmother told the police who he was and where to find him. A fur missile later subdued the offender. Both officers are alright now and have been released from the hospital. 

Sorry, had to get that out. I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. 

• Sad 2

I apologise for de-railing my own thread and I think this tangent needs to be stopped before another thread gets locked. 

I have no particular burning desire to have an avatar that's African-American (or Black British, in my case); it was just that the Jaxon skin was the nicest legitimate, non-stolen skin that my alt owns. On balance, I think that wearing a stolen skin from a seller no longer present in SL (if it is indeed an Evian skin as Lewis suggested) is probably the better option right now.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.