best way to find a community

KyrasCorric

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My room mate an I are looking to find a community that we can join where we're not stuck in a skybox if possible, maybe even one where we can convince our friends to move into as well. Problem is that we have no idea how to find a community to join that's not going to force us to do rp that we don't want to participate in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 2

I'm not sure if my Greater Coniston counts as a community or not. It's a themed area so you don't get the usual mainland clutter (and it has four ports and is connected to the Sansara road system), both role play and general socializing are allowed and encouraged but not mandatory and there are plenty of public buildings and areas for people to meet. I don't have time to organize any events myself though, I'm too busy building, so it's up to the tenants what they want to make out of it.

• Like 1

If you go premium, a Linden Home is part of the membership package.  There are tons of people in the new Linden Home regions (Belleseria) building a thriving community.  Check out the Linden Home thread for more details to see if this is what you're looking for.

• Like 3

If you enjoy the steampunk genre, Caledon is a possibility.  There is a very active community, and although Victorian costuming is appreciated, any roleplay is very informal and optional.  If you like a little more fantasy with your steampunk, the Rosehaven regions just north of Caledon are worth a look.

The new Linden Homes on the Bellisseria continent have attracted a lot of experienced residents and there's an active community feel there.  The homes are in such high demand that it can take some patience and effort to snag one.

While they don't have a sense of community, the sailing regions of the Fruit Islands and the FairChang estate, as well as a number of other estates, are very pleasant, and they are not geared at all toward roleplaying.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Might want to take a look at Cedar Creek.
They do have RP,  but you are not required to participate.
When I last lived there, it was very entertaining RP to sit back and observe.
Girlfriend got a ticket for driving her car without a drivers license and had to go to Court.
We played along that time and it was really fun.  She was a nervous wreck having to face the judge.
Very nice rentals, but can be hard to come by. 
Worth a look.

http://www.cedarcreeksl.com/

Depending on what your looking for I live on an isolated community sim that has a lake in the center, but everyone pretty much keeps to themselves. I can log in and check later and see if a lot is available. Probably looking at some where around 5,000 prims for roughly give or take 10k a month, but I'd have to check on that and be sure mate. Let me know if your interested and I'll look and let you know. Good luck mate.😎

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.