You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I cannot get UV map textures to load on my DAE correctly when importing into viewer.

My process:

• 1st I tried to use the OpenCOLLADA file extension for 3Ds Max 2014, exported as DAE and imported into viewer. Mesh will upload, but textures are messed up. UV Map info not accepted. *See photos
  • 2nd I tried FBX converter 2013. Saved as FBX and converted to OpenCOLLADA. Tried to import into viewer and I received a DAE parsing error.

Can you please help me?

Tools:

3Ds Max 2014

FBX Converter 2013

KyleDragonHead_UV.jpg

KyleDragonJaw_UV.jpg

6d00b951dc55094d3836ecb5023ee05a.png

876dc009626bfd621ead90c1f3a07ceb.png

Edited by Leustante

Hello, thanks.

But do you mean that it is recommended that I use a 3Ds Max software between 2011 - 2013? I have 2014 and there is only 1 option for FBX in the export menu. Or am I supposed to save the file as something else, export to FBX in the FBX converter, then export to collada dae?

16333f76540b96967920e7d8ae7ee6da.png

13 minutes ago, Leustante said:

But do you mean that it is recommended that I use a 3Ds Max software between 2011 - 2013?

No, autodesk software have options for what fbx version to use to export. In Maya, it's right there on the right hand side panel of the export window and in the export options too. I'm sure also 3dsmax has these options, although I don't know where that options panel may be buried. 

Edited by OptimoMaximo
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.