Residents of Herald Region ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

... if you haven't done so already, log in and take a good look around your parcels of land. Notice anything missing? You will probably notice a LOT of things missing and those missing things are probably sitting in your Lost And Found folder. My friends own several parcels in Herald and as of early this morning at least 99% of their objects are now, you guessed it, sitting in their Lost And Found folders. At least one of my friends has submitted a support ticket regarding this but we were just wondering if anyone else has had this happened to them or has even heard of a similar thing happening. 🙁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Winx Destiny said:

... if you haven't done so already, log in and take a good look around your parcels of land. Notice anything missing? You will probably notice a LOT of things missing and those missing things are probably sitting in your Lost And Found folder. My friends own several parcels in Herald and as of early this morning at least 99% of their objects are now, you guessed it, sitting in their Lost And Found folders. At least one of my friends has submitted a support ticket regarding this but we were just wondering if anyone else has had this happened to them or has even heard of a similar thing happening. 🙁

They don't own parcels, they rent them.  They either rent mainland from LL in which case they should put in a support ticket and ask them why the items are returned.  Or they rent from a rental company. In that case they should contact the rental company support and as why.    

There are lots of reasons things are returned and we would only be guessing. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Winx Destiny said:

... if you haven't done so already, log in and take a good look around your parcels of land. Notice anything missing?

Welcome to the Forum!..here's a warm slice Welcome Pie!.....Enjoy!😘

Forum WP 512X.png

Edited by Sassy Kenin

4 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

They don't own parcels, they rent them.  They either rent mainland from LL in which case they should put in a support ticket and ask them why the items are returned.  Or they rent from a rental company. In that case they should contact the rental company support and as why.    

There are lots of reasons things are returned and we would only be guessing. 

My friends own their parcels of land, they don't rent them and as I mentioned they have already submitted a support ticket. Also, it's not just my friends parcels that have been affected, other residents in the Herald region have been affected as well. This appears to be a region-wide issue.

6 minutes ago, Sassy Kenin said:

Make sure your in edit mode when you drag out of inventory, so it can be moved around where you need to place it.

No offence, but I don't think you understood my post. We know how to place items, we want to know why objects in a particular region got returned.

40 minutes ago, Winx Destiny said:

No offence, but I don't think you understood my post. We know how to place items, we want to know why objects in a particular region got returned.

My bad, it was just a friendly suggestion, some might overlook that when such an event happens. No offence Taken🙂

Edited by Sassy Kenin

I'm fairly certain that there were reports in the past of sims exceeding their "prim capacities" and thus returning objects - by a mistake triggered in changed server code. You might have to scout a bit for terms like "Mainland mass return", rollback and such.

What server version is running on that sim? Did it get an update rolled out lately?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

I'm fairly certain that there were reports in the past of sims exceeding their "prim capacities" and thus returning objects - by a mistake triggered in changed server code. You might have to scout a bit for terms like "Mainland mass return", rollback and such.

What server version is running on that sim? Did it get an update rolled out lately?

This. It happened on a grid-wide basis around Sept. 6, 2017 (I checked my Support history to get that date). Here is a forum thread about it: 

LL had to do region rollbacks to correct the error and replace all the missing items. This was quite a big deal for landowners at the time, as some of the items returned had been in place for many years, and were suddenly in the lost and found folders of residents who were long gone from SL. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Winx Destiny said:

but we were just wondering if anyone else has had this happened to them or has even heard of a similar thing happening. 

I have had items vanishing from my land, yes, and they don't always turn up in Lost and FOund or anywhere else in my inventory either

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.