Android viewer like Lumiya When? LL pray of me :'(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Obviously the desktop experience is always going to be better than anything a mobile app could offer, but I wonder if SL having a 3d mobile viewer could serve as a way to introduce people who would otherwise not get a normal computer to get a normal computer.

On the flipside, Google and Apple have been censoring a lot of apps recently, might be a waste of time investing money in something like that if there's an inherent risk of some folk at google or apple going 'nope too much wrong-thought for our platform'.

• Haha 1

I've never used it, but I think I'd wager Speedlight will have a usable 3D view before LL's (initially iOS) mobile client, which is currently targeted to put login sessions outside any particular grid location at all, merely able to communicate with in-world IMs. At present, though, Speedlight seems to have only a uniform abstract "mannequin" to represent every avatar, certainly far removed from any BoM capability. (But that's just me looking at pictures on Inara Pey's blog; again, I've never even tried it.)

Edited by Qie Niangao

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, Rob Huntsman said:

I just made a video how to get Lumiya.

You just cannot get Lumiya on Google Play anymore.

are the sources for getting it legit?  I see people taught where to get the apk for it at ,but the viewer it's self was not meant to be a free viewer,  and with it being pulled off google play and then showing up in new places.   it's got me asking about the legitness of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

are the sources for getting it legit?  I see people taught where to get the apk for it at ,but the viewer it's self was not meant to be a free viewer,  and with it being pulled off google play and then showing up in new places.   it's got me asking about the legitness of it.

I just saw it off of redit post, so I made a video about it can read up on it more there just google Aptoide lumiya "looking for a clean lumiya download"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rob Huntsman said:

I just saw it off of redit post, so I made a video about it can read up on it more there just google Aptoide lumiya "looking for a clean lumiya download"

"clean" in this day and age is very hard to come by and the fact that scanners for android and apple devices suck badly,  let's just make sure you put use at own risk.

The last report I saw was that the Lumiya author had vanished, and the UDP asset fetching it depended on had been switched off.

It isn't available on Google Play

What people claim is the official Lumiya website shows the most recent version as 3 years old. The supposed official alternative is an older version, 4 years old.

I have seen dead parrots with more life.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.