How Do I turn off Landing Point Red Arrow Indicator?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Another way is to go into the map and clear it if you were using that to tp somewhere. Or just walk/fly to the exact position the arrow is at, including height. that usually gets rid of it. Never tried clicking it, hadn't crossed my mind to do that.

• Lindens

It's never been obvious over the years that "you can click the red arrow to make it disappear". Visual feedback — like a "X" appearing when you hover over it and a notification stating "this points to your destination, click to hide it", like we already use for hints — would make sense.

I feel there should be a debug setting for this (in Advanced menu > Debug Settings) but I haven't found one.

Somehow I feel as if the red arrow is such a different type of interface element than the rest of the viewer interface, that the bubble notification would seem a bit wrong... But, yes, some clue that it can be clicked would be good, and since I don't have a better idea I agree.

- Luc -

Torley Linden wrote:

It's never been obvious over the years that "you can click the red arrow to make it disappear". Visual feedback — like a "X" appearing when you hover over it and a notification stating "this points to your destination, click to hide it", like we already use for hints — would make sense.

Wow, in my opinion that's really a great idea!

Perhaps you must creat a JIRA request for that bnew feature (I'm not kidding")

PS. I discover the "click the tred arrow for delete it" my fist day in SL... because I thought that clicking the arrow I would go to the destination LOL

LOL Irene I did the same thing LMAO.gif

I would prefer that there was a debug to stop the beacon from disappearing when you avatar reaches it. I know its supposed to show you where to go, so logically when you are there you don`t need it, but sometimes when you are using it to find objects and you are at the wrong height and following the distance display on it, it is really annoying that it disappears if you accidentally fly into it. I prefer to click it to kill it when I`m done with it.

Wow.  It never occurred to me to click it, and I've been here for 4 years.  Learn something new every day.

I'm with PeeWee, BTW.  I like options, and the option to not kill the beacon could be handy at times.  I also don't care for having yet another bit of floating text on the screen, if you can help it.  Maybe a ToolTip, but not a permanent hover text.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.