Weather?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I noticed there are clouds a bit up in to the sky a bit, and sounds is coming from them, is this going to last all day? I like it for a bit, maybe fifteen minutes, but the wind especially is loud and interrupting my other sounds and I just thought if there is a way I can turn the weather sounds off, I tried ambient, but that did nothing, so I did sounds and it did turn it off, but then all of my other sounds were muted too. So, can someone tell me what's going on? 🙂 Thanks. 

Jaide Beck

6 minutes ago, Jaide Beck said:

Hi, I noticed there are clouds a bit up in to the sky a bit, and sounds is coming from them, is this going to last all day? I like it for a bit, maybe fifteen minutes, but the wind especially is loud and interrupting my other sounds and I just thought if there is a way I can turn the weather sounds off, I tried ambient, but that did nothing, so I did sounds and it did turn it off, but then all of my other sounds were muted too. So, can someone tell me what's going on? 🙂 Thanks. 

Jaide Beck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If they put it on ambient we could mute it when we don't want to hear it, for example, I make videos on youtube, it could be difficult talking with the noise in the background, even if there's some sounds I want to hear. Just asking some questions. 😆

5 minutes ago, Jaide Beck said:

If they put it on ambient we could mute it when we don't want to hear it, for example, I make videos on youtube, it could be difficult talking with the noise in the background, even if there's some sounds I want to hear. Just asking some questions. 😆

Just go to a different area in Bellisseria and you'll find a different weather issue going on -- snowfall is typically pretty quite.

It's most likely an 'April Fools' joke that will be gone within a day or two.

Bit of an American tradition to do practical jokes on April First. Many online games choose this day to humorously 'grief' their own games.

Some have put out mini-games or fake websites, etc. Years ago the MMO Guild Wars 2 put out an '8-bit version' on this day, as a game inside their game - and that returns annually since (and frankly is often better content than the live game...).

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Thanks 1

Heh.

I was tracking it down to file an AR when I noticed it was made by the moles, and so went to look at what was going on.

Head to the region Millibank and there WAS a whole region party and build dedicated to it today:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Millbank/131/105/52

The "source" of our weird weather is still there though. Seems about a dozen moles and lindens only just left as I was typing this...

I'm starting to think a more mild version of this staying around would be a nice addition.

Like a lot more intermittent and just light raid or some wind / tumbleweeds now and then.

Maybe not the full tornadoes and flying cows all the time though... 😛

EDIT: There are some seriously nice cow-furry avatars out right now... too many of them... can't pick... ack...

WHAN that Aprille with his shoures soote

The droghte  of Marche hath perced to the roote,

And bathed every veyne in swich  licour,

Of which vertu engendred is the flour;

Whan Zephirus eek with his swete breeth      

Inspired hath in every holt  and heeth

The tendre croppes, and the yonge sonne

Hath in the Ram his halfe cours y-ronne,

And smale fowles maken melodye,

That slepen al the night with open ye,      

(So priketh hem nature in hir corages:

Than longen folk to goon on pilgrimages...

Aprille Foole!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.