If LL says that up to 100 avatars can be on the sim, why only 40 allowed? How can i add the number of avatars visiting

SunnyZayka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It depends.

• If it's a homestead region, you can't
  • If it's a mainland region you can't
  • If it's a private estate full sim and you rent directly from LL, you should be able to change it in the regions control panel (you'll find it in the "World" menu in your viewer).
  • If it's a private estate full sim and you don't rent directly from LL, you'll have to ask the estate owner to do it for you.

One warning though, actually having 100 avatars in the same region is bound to cause serious performance problems. Expect at least the same amount of lag as you get at the peak hours of a major sales event. Even 40 avatars is pushing it.

Edited by ChinRey
Typos
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, SunnyZayka said:

I own a sim that has a shopping district, the photo studio and we are planning to open a club venue. How can i increase the number of visiting avatars?

If it is regular mainland, you can't -- they are limited to 40.  If it is a private region and you truly own the region, the avatar limits are part of your region controls.

Note that even it you manage to bump the limit up to 100, nobody can actually move around with that many people there.  Unless it is one of the super popular sales events, people are not going to hang around any place that is that mobbed.  Not really a worry though because you'll likely never mange to get that many people to come to a club - any club.

Hi @SunnyZayka!

A full performance private region can support up to 100 avatars.  Mainland regions are limited to a maximum of 40.  These limits can be slightly exceeded, by avatars with a Premium membership.  (Not the owner.  I mean, a couple more Premium avatars can shoehorn themselves into a region that is already technically at maximum occupancy.)

But as LittleMe says, even the most popular clubs in SL seldom if ever reach even the Mainland limit of 40.  Don't sweat it!

It's not just "up to 100," a full region (100 avatars) can have more than 100 avatars on it if the avatar trying to access the region has a Premium membership, up to 110. Other types of regions have similar "over capacity" for premiums.

The limit of 100 is also arbitrary, Ebbe mentioned much higher numbers for educational purposes in a recent talk I watched. And where lag is a concern... it's not because of the avatars themselves. It's the scripts, people teleporting in, and sometimes physics. A managed region can run fine, they're just few and far between.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

And where lag is a concern... it's not because of the avatars themselves. It's the scripts, people teleporting in, and sometimes physics.

It's a bit more than that actually. Even if everybody show up with clean unscripted system avatars (not much chance of that at a club of course), the simulator will still have to communicate with them all.

4 hours ago, ChinRey said:

It's a bit more than that actually. Even if everybody show up with clean unscripted system avatars (not much chance of that at a club of course), the simulator will still have to communicate with them all.

Well, of course. It takes some time to keep each viewer up to date with the world, but doing that for 100 avatars is not so taxing that you'd notice it. Not until people start actually teleporting in, filling the sim with scripts, moving around a bunch and/or interacting with physical things. If you have a good demonstration on the contrary, I'm all for seeing it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 5:09 PM, SunnyZayka said:

it is a full performance sim and i do not need 100 people ability, but with more people staying home right now, my renters can't get home when the studio has 40 avatars in

If they have their home set there they can get in regardless of whether the sim is maxed or not. That's a little work around a lot of people don't know about.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.