Help removing objects created by person who is now deceased

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dear all,

I need help removing objects from an island that is owned by a university, but the thing is that all people assigned as the owners are deceased and or have left the university with no way of contact. I'm still part of a group and have permission to be there (of course), but I can't get rid of a heap of rubbish left there. 

Can anyone help me, please???

Thanks

16 minutes ago, Mish Mizin said:

Dear all,

I need help removing objects from an island that is owned by a university, but the thing is that all people assigned as the owners are deceased and or have left the university with no way of contact. I'm still part of a group and have permission to be there (of course), but I can't get rid of a heap of rubbish left there. 

Thanks

You need to find out whom the contact is for the university first, that account holder, because there is one,  will be able to do the work.  if not.  I'm not sure, because LL might not give help with this since you do not own it.

Hi, @Mish Mizin!

Bigmoe is right.  Since the region still exists, that means that SOMEONE is paying for it every month.  If that person is not a member of the university's SL group, then the university needs to contact LL and get that person (and maybe you, and some other members of the group who are still around) permission to return objects.  Some actual, RL person with authority, associated with the university, needs to be in the Group Owner role.  Preferably more than one, so there is a backup. Whoever that is, they need to know that one of their duties, should they leave the university, is to add their replacement to the Owner role.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mish Mizin said:

Dear all,

Thanks

I would recommend filing a support ticket with LL.

what Lindal said.  An official person from the university needs to contact Linden and make a new arrangement

it will also be in the university's interest to do this, as additionally Linden are offering education institutions a tier discount, which the university can obtain

8 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Since the region still exists, that means that SOMEONE is paying for it every month.

It means that there probably is somebody still paying the bill. ;)

But since it's a univesity the most likely explanation is that they've simply forgotten to cancel the recurring payment. That means if you bring it to their attention, they may decide to close the region rather than clean it up.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

Have you tried a support ticket?  Just explain the circumstances behind what you're after, and why.

Granted, only a remote possibility of LL acting, but still worth a try.

On 3/25/2020 at 9:09 AM, Selene Gregoire said:

I would recommend filing a support ticket with LL.

Hmmm....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.