Premiere Housing

heidhr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been a member of SL for a number of years now.  I thought I would get one of the new Victorian Linden homes, I had one of the homes 

when I joined 9 - 10 years ago.  To my surprise there isn't any available, but as I walk the streets there are plenty empty on all 4 sims.  If these people are not using the home please let others enjoy them .  

Hi heidhr, welcome 🦋

more forum discussion on premium homes (and strategies to secure one) is here. https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/357-linden-homes/
A new release of log cabin homes is scheduled to come out sometime soon, so your chances of getting a Victorian then will be better if you don’t get one before then. Hope to see you around the forums.

• Like 1

As a resident of "a number of years now" you should be well aware of the fact that most homes in SL (and indeed, most places in general) stand empty much of the time.  If you keep checking back at the Linden Homes sign up page often, you'll see that the available home styles can and does change, as homes become available through their owners abandoning them, or LL releasing new construction.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, heidhr said:

I have been a member of SL for a number of years now.  I thought I would get one of the new Victorian Linden homes, I had one of the homes 

when I joined 9 - 10 years ago.  To my surprise there isn't any available, but as I walk the streets there are plenty empty on all 4 sims.  If these people are not using the home please let others enjoy them .  

12 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Hi heidhr, welcome 🦋

more forum discussion on premium homes (and strategies to secure one) is here. https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/357-linden-homes/
A new release of log cabin homes is scheduled to come out sometime soon, so your chances of getting a Victorian then will be better if you don’t get one before then. Hope to see you around the forums.

Heidhr, please do check out the Linden Homes forum; there is a specific thread that details how to get a Linden Home.  I used the methods described therein and got a traditional and a trailer in the same 24-hour period; my husband got a Victorian during that same timespan.

People formally abandon their Linden Homes all the time, for a variety of reasons.  If you refresh the page (no more than... I think every 10 seconds?  Or is it once a minute?  anyway, Read. The. Thread.) you will eventually find a Victorian available and be able to claim it.  Best of wishes to you!

Editing to add the link to the specific thread I mentioned:

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, heidhr said:

The Log Cabin homes are scheduled to be released soon; at the rate they're churning out new regions to the east of Bellisseria, there will be hundreds, if not thousands. Once they are released, many people will abandon their current homes, including Victorians, in order to try and get one. This will mean that more of the current styles will be available too. 

If I were to bet on the release date, I'd place my money on the first week of April for the first batch (they have already said it won't be this week).

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.