Seller Complaint

Tallulah Bilavio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I bought wedding rings from a well known and popular jewellery seller I once thought were the best in SL.  I bought them from the store as opposed to on MP.  The store purported that the rings  would work with Bento if you attached them to the left ring finger and then edited them into the correct position.  They do not work and the rings do not move with the finger but remain in mid air.  I took their word, being that they are one of the most popular and prominent stores in SL and the notice "Works with Bento!" was plastereed all over the store.

I have written to the head of this Store, both in game and on their "one day reply" Facebook Page.  I have written three times without the courtesy of a reply.  I attached a copy of the entry in my Linden transactions showing that I did indeed purchase them and I gave at least two weeks for reply each time in case of holiday or illness.

L$2,499 is not a small amount to just write off because a store gave me false assurances and are now refusing to communicate with me.  This is not good conduct.

Support Tickets do not seem to cover this kind of complaint.  Can anyone please give me some advice as to how to proceed.  I am loathe to just forget about it, not just because of the money, but I don't believe people should get away with this kind of behaviour and ignore a customer and keep their money under circumstances like these. I have now bought different rings which fit and work perfectly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you :)

• Thanks 1

6 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Tallulah Bilavio said:

I bought wedding rings from a well known and popular jewellery seller I once thought were the best in SL.  I bought them from the store as opposed to on MP.  The store purported that the rings  would work with Bento if you attached them to the left ring finger and then edited them into the correct position.  They do not work and the rings do not move with the finger but remain in mid air.  I took their word, being that they are one of the most popular and prominent stores in SL and the notice "Works with Bento!" was plastereed all over the store.

I have written to the head of this Store, both in game and on their "one day reply" Facebook Page.  I have written three times without the courtesy of a reply.  I attached a copy of the entry in my Linden transactions showing that I did indeed purchase them and I gave at least two weeks for reply each time in case of holiday or illness.

L$2,499 is not a small amount to just write off because a store gave me false assurances and are now refusing to communicate with me.  This is not good conduct.

Support Tickets do not seem to cover this kind of complaint.  Can anyone please give me some advice as to how to proceed.  I am loathe to just forget about it, not just because of the money, but I don't believe people should get away with this kind of behaviour and ignore a customer and keep their money under circumstances like these. I have now bought different rings which fit and work perfectly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you :)

I would give the seller the benefit of the doubt. Even when they have a "one day reply" on their Facebook, it means absolutely nothing. Even sellers with the best of reputations take breaks from Second Life, and you may just have been unfortunate to have sent messages during one such break. Sending three messages will not get you a reply faster.

In your shoes, I would wait for a reasonable amount of time - like with ebay - say, a fortnight. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tallulah Bilavio said:

People can do that and people can get away with this. It's SL and not RL - you have no options.

That's why you never buy anything without a demo. If there is no demo there are probably reasons.

• Like 1

I was wondering about Lindal's comment as I remember that Strawberry had a long post when bento came out about how you could "still" wear your rings. Nowadays we most often see rings rigged for Maitreya and sometimes other mesh bodies.  So I did a simple test and as far as I can see she is correct and the ring SHOULD WORK. 

What you may not know is that once you attach the ring to your left ring finger you need to TAKE IT OFF and then ADD IT BACK ON in order to get it to "stick" to that slot. This is something that has been true for at least a dozen years, but also something that many folks do not know. 

So give that a try. I made a quick plywood ring and attached to my left ring finger. Then I went through ALL the hand poses in my Maitreya hud and they were all fine.  

image.thumb.png.47eee1de2be79a606dd7728a139694a8.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.