why is it such a struggle to attach a hair base..?

roggsta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

spent multiple hours trying to figure out how to attach a hairbase to myself..

issue: I have altamura body/head, which doesn't seem so popular..

I bought hair bases for catwa/omega.. did not work, then i bought "omega system relay for altamura" after someone recommended it, but it still doesn't work.. are there no other methods?

59 minutes ago, roggsta said:

spent multiple hours trying to figure out how to attach a hairbase to myself..

issue: I have altamura body/head, which doesn't seem so popular..

I bought hair bases for catwa/omega.. did not work, then i bought "omega system relay for altamura" after someone recommended it, but it still doesn't work.. are there no other methods?

Are you sure that your body will take Omega appliers? Most of the gift altamura avatars will not.   If I remember you also need to have the altamura body HUD open as well as the omega relay AND the applier for it all to work.  

If you have a paid version (or one of the few gifts that take Omega) then make sure you have all three "huds" on the screen when you try to apply. It isn't just this brand that is that way BTW.  :D

Edited by Chic Aeon

Its called fullbody altamura gift. Cost me 1 linden..

I had a way worse avatar some year ago and on him I could make my own hairbase i think through editing. 

If i can attach hairstyles why cant i attach a hairbase? So there's no solution I guess? I'd need a hairstyle which doesn't require a hairbase?

If someone finds solution I'm sending you 500L. ❤️

Edited by roggsta

1 hour ago, roggsta said:

Its called fullbody altamura gift. Cost me 1 linden.
If i can attach hairstyles why cant i attach a hairbase? So there's no solution I guess? I'd need a hairstyle which doesn't require a hairbase?

Hair is an attachment which can be attached onto any avatar. Hairbase is not an attachment, it's a texture which is painted on the avatar. On those cheap Altamura bodies the textures cannot be changed. Thus it's not possible to change the hairbase on them.

One solution is to buy better body which allows texture change. This would the best solution.
Another solution is to buy hair which does not require hairbase. For example Stealthic sells very nice hairs like that.

• Thanks 1

The thing is my avatar does have a hairbase, but's barely dark and only like 1 millimeter. I can toggle it on and off on the HUD. So there is a hairbase, i just can't seem to edit it to make it longer or darker.

will check for hairstyles that don't require hairbase. I do want to give 1 minus point to stealthic staff though. That's where I bought the hairbase which didn't work and they had no demo. But inside the purchase they left a notecard saying "try out the demo before purchasing" the staff said instead of returning my L he'd help me, that's when he suggested me to buy omega applier for altamura. Which neither worked so he made me waste another 200L then he said good luck and bye. No biggie but a bit shady.

Edited by roggsta

For example In the free female Altamura Juliet body's HUD there are different colour options for the hairbase. From light to dark. Seven colours in all. You can select the colour from the HUD for the hairbase. Naturally it's not possible to change that hairbase to longer or shorter because it's just a flat texture painted on the skull, with few colour options in the HUD.

It's common practice in the free or 1 L$ mesh bodies and heads that they have many limitations what can be done with them; that's why they are free or cost almost nothing. It's apparent that the staff member in Stealthic has just supposed that you had the full version of Altamura body where you can change the hairbase. Or he didn't know that there is also limited functionality free body.

Before purchasing anything it's always good practice to try a demo first to avoid disappointments.

(I saw in Stealthic store that they have hairbase for male avatars, but no demo available for it. All female hairs appear to be made so that they don't need hairbase at all. All hairs do have demo available, both for male and female hairs.)

• Like 1

Ok, I rushed into replying but it seems questions have been answered already...you clearly own a promo version with limited options which is completely understandable...I would suggest to get a decent, well supported mesh body, it`s a one time investment, it may sound a lot in Linden dollars, but in reality, it`s the cost of one pizza with a soft drink, so not much really and definitely worth it...

Speaking of hairbase, as per your post, it includes Catwa and Omega, there was no mention of Altamura, which means you shouldn`t expect it to work as is, you need to have Omega installed and most likely full version of your meshes...

Edited by MaxMare

7 hours ago, roggsta said:

Which neither worked so he made me waste another 200L then he said good luck and bye. No biggie but a bit shady.

OK, you could have been thankful that they bothered to try and help you with a third party product, for which they weren't responsible at all, and you couldn't be bothered either to read properly or ask in the really helpful and active AM support group...

But yeah, calling them shady will also do, I guess.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.