i am up in the air a bit and can't move. Help me please?

Jaide Beck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Have you tried to reset your avatar to default? You don't say what viewer you are on. For the official viewer, it is keyboard-shortcut Ctrl+Alt+Q for Develop menu.  Then go to Avatar -> Character Tests -> Test  Female.

You are then wearing the Test avatar in pink dress.

Before you do this, write down what you wear. Do not just replace the Test Female with the outfit you were wearing when the problems started. It can be a corrupted item in it.

Another thing, leave the region you are in. You may be a victim of a griefer attack, that has asked for your permission to do something, that can control you. This work in a whole region.

If you have RLV, turn it off. 

Teleport to Hatton, it is an empty water region the Lindens use for events. Turn off RLV, if you have it. Do Character Test. Relog. See if you can move. If you can, then problem is solved.

If you can move, but float in air, you have probably set your Hover height very high by accident. Right click on your avatar. This will bring up a menu that includes the"Hover Height" option. It should be close to zero. Mine is 0,021, I think.

I hope some of this helps.

• Like 2

There may be two different things at work. One may be your avatar.

So, Marianne's recommendation will reveal whether that is the case. But, here are the problem points in the avatar; shoes - System shoes is what I mean. There is a setting that changes your height and if you are wearing mesh feet (body part or separate) you may appear to float in the air. Shape - There is a hover setting in the body section or the Appearance Panel (edit shape if right-clicking av) that can cause you to float above the ground. HOVER - the right-click-on-avatar hover setting. Any or all of these can cause you to float.

The second may be your's or the server's connection to the SL system. If you float in the air, cannot walk, fly, chat, IM, or teleport the region server is likely not connect to the SL system as it should be. Going to another region usually corrects the problem, if you can get there. Often you will have to relog and that can take a few as the login server will think you are already logged in until the misbehaving regions lets go or the login server realizes the region it thinks you are in is messed up and drops you.

I have a problem at times that may be similar to yours, although mine had me look more like I was swimming in midair. I tracked the cause down to my Zooby Baby -- sometimes when I'm holding her, I just start swimming. 

No clue what causes it.  When I remove her, I fall back to the ground just fine.  This may not be your issue, but noticing the smaller individual in your profile picture I figured I'd give it a mention.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.