when connected to my home WiFi crashing within 2 min as i login

nikhil0702

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, nikhil0702 said:

Crashing with or within 2 min when i login using my home WiFi  which is no doubt fastest internet connection , this happens only when i connect to my home WiFi else in rest place with other connection it works great, Please help.

solution: don't use wifi

fastest internet connection means nothing if it's not a stable one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nikhil0702 said:

Crashing with or within 2 min when i login using my home WiFi  which is no doubt fastest internet connection , this happens only when i connect to my home WiFi else in rest place with other connection it works great, Please help.

SL has ALWAYS worked better with a direct connection other than wifi.  It also works faster.   What happens if you connect using another Wifi  (like a public one?  Do you have the same issue. That would be the next obvious test.  I gave up wifi for SL a decade ago and have never regretted it  :D

Good luck. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

SL has ALWAYS worked better with a direct connection other than wifi.  It also works faster.   What happens if you connect using another Wifi  (like a public one?  Do you have the same issue. That would be the next obvious test.  I gave up wifi for SL a decade ago and have never regretted it  :D

Good luck. 

when iam connected to public WiFi or to the WiFi in my relatives house sl works fine with no crash issue.

Ill do try a direct connection thanks for the suggestion 😁🙂  

Linden Lab neither supports nor recommends using a wifi connection for SL.  As Chic says, the quality and reliability of a wifi connection to SL has always been lower than direct (wired) connections.  Your viewer and the SL servers need to exchange data continuously, 45 frames per second, to stay in sync.  Background electronic noise and interference can disrupt wifi easily.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nikhil0702 said:

when iam connected to public WiFi or to the WiFi in my relatives house sl works fine with no crash issue.

Ill do try a direct connection thanks for the suggestion 😁🙂  

OK. Well I would talk to your ISP support folks then.  I assume you did the whole unplug modem, wait a minute, plug back in bit already. If not, that's the first thing they usually have you do :D. Good luck.   At least you know it isn't your viewer or your software!!!   It is possible that your modem is just getting old (if it IS old) :D.  

• Thanks 1

Enable the "Advanced" menu in your viewer, then select "Performance Tools->Statistics Bar" from that menu. You'll get a window showing real-time viewer statistics, including ping time and packet loss. Excessive amounts in either of those metrics will doom you. I've been using Wi-Fi to connect to SL for a dozen years and never had a problem with it. I currently get packet loss of less than 0-0.1% and ping times of 100-110ms.

If you try a direct Ethernet connection into your home network and the problem goes away, suspect your Wi-Fi.

If the problem persists and your Wi-Fi router is separate from your cable/DSL modem, suspect either the Ethernet connection from the modem to the router, the router itself, or the ISP cabling to your home.

If the problem persists and your Wi-Fi router is built into your modem, suspect the router/modem or the ISP cabling to your home.

Good luck, Nikhil!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.