What’s The Story Behind Your Avatar Name?

Saravendi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I made my character while I was watching The Flash, and I really liked the Harrison Wells character. My character's last name came from a friend I had in high school. I'm character, he was adopted after his parents died, so he hyphenated his adopted last name and his birth one (the one from my high school friend).

For my alt, his name was really just a placeholder (I think from a name generator) that stuck.

The story behind "Ignis Dismantled" is short and quite simple. 

A few friends I hung out with in a group I was in, dubbed me as "Ignis" (meaning "fire" in Latin), because of my firey and spunky personality. Due to my resident/legacy name being different before-hand, I decided to change it and go with the last name "Dismantled" when the last names came around where you can pay 40 USD for the change of your resident/legacy name. I believe it sounded interesting almost like "Fire Deconstructed"--nothing too deep, but I thought it was pretty cool! :D

1. I really like robotics and 5p4c3 could stand as a serial number. 

2. I like the video game Portal 2. My favorite character from the game was a malfunctioning personality core, the Space Core. With a little imagination 5p4c3 looks like Space, which is what I answer to. 

3. I'm a geek.  

My name is Angelus van Engelen. My real name is Archangelus van Engelenburgh, but I prefer the shorter name Angelus van Engelen. It's also a funny name when you would translate it from Latin (Angelus) and Dutch (van Engelen) in English: Angel from the Angels.
In real life I also have an Angel's name, and I chose to let some aspects from RL be the same for SL, the meaning of the name (although the name is different).

• 2 months later...
On 12/5/2020 at 12:37 PM, Fritigern Gothly said:

"First Peoples" can refer to a wide variety of people on different continents and countries. It would be nice if you were more specific.

The great central valley of Northern California was visited briefly by Spaniards in the early 1800s, but mostly settled by immigrants from the States and other parts of Europe in the 1830s and 1840s. Then gold was discovered and the place was overrun by people from all over the world, never to recover. The Nisenan and others were decimated. Very few if any of their descendants exist today and their languages mostly forgotten, bar a few notes taken by so-called pioneers.

So the back-story: Pombokom is a Nisenan word for the moon, and my house sits on land once roamed by the Nisenan.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.