Magum Server gone?

Rejha Vuckovic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have  question:

My sim was a Magnum Server and I could see it when i take a loot at places and region, there at Version was written: Magnum Server.

i took a look today and see as Version not Magnum anymore, there is Second Life Server 2019-......

Does anybody know why not Magnum Server is there written anymore? Did LL changes something?

• 2 weeks later...

" spurious associations"?  #fakenews  I've been a proud mayor of a LeTigre sim for years, and it will always be LeTigre from the beginning!  Maybe I should put it in the about land description to make up for the loss.

Seriously, one of the many many obnoxious claims I make about my city is that gets everything first since it's a beta!!

On 10/18/2019 at 10:22 PM, VenKellie said:

i think they did this change to hide when they do the move to the cloud so we won't know when they do it. i won't be surprised if all the rc's are in the cloud now.

Even after they move to using cloud servers they will likely have software channels just as they do now. The software update process will still continue. Being in the cloud does not eliminate the need for comparative testing nor the need for testing in small increments before rolling across all the servers.

Plus, the Lindens have said why they are making the 'naming' change.

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Imagin Illyar said:

How can we tell from the version number whether a sim is main channel or rc?

There's no general way to do that, but it's possible to follow some breadcrumbs over a few months to find out a region's channel once the different RCs have gotten distinct version numbers. The hint is usually the weekly deploy thread (this week's, such as it is) which may reveal that, after all the updates are done, RCs sometimes have different versions. You can also go to the RC sandboxes (may require Premium?) and look in Help / About for the version numbers.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.