Is this considered encroachment?

ananoelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1d9306a1ce4dedbcad8842685eac55d6.jpg

I ask because every one I've seen is sitting right on the edge of the owners parcels with the propellers breaching on to protected land. Maybe this is considered ok therefore I can rez out a tree or three and have the branches hanging over on to linden land?

5 answers to this question

all and everthing that goes over the parcelborders is encroaching.
Often the items on the border as that mill's base ( the wings áre on the other parcel) is possible to get returned by your neighbours.. so seen by the system as encroaching.
Encroaching doesnt bring the item on the other parcel's Li, and has to be returned by hand if the other doesn't want to allow it.
Neighbour's cán.. but don't have to return it if they are fine with it.
Use at your own risk  :)

That is encroachment. Linden Lab don't seem to be too bothered by minor encroachment that doesn't interfere with people's access to or use of their land, so your tree should be OK. If it were to offend someone and they submitted an abuse report, someone from LL would eventually take a look and decide whether you were taking liberties. About the worst that could happen would be having it returned and maybe facing an admonishment from the Lab.

If your tree were to overhang someone else's property they could, if they were so inclined, return it to your inventory.

8 hours ago, ananoelle said:

1d9306a1ce4dedbcad8842685eac55d6.jpg

I ask because every one I've seen is sitting right on the edge of the owners parcels with the propellers breaching on to protected land. Maybe this is considered ok therefore I can rez out a tree or three and have the branches hanging over on to linden land?

Ah, at first I thought the windmill belonged to the Linden parcel, in which case it might have been worth noting that "estate" stuff is protected from being returned despite encroaching on private parcels.

Landscaping that blends across parcel borders should be encouraged. It should be tastefully done, of course, but when it is, it's vastly preferable to a weirdly barren strip of No Man's Land where both sides avoid encroaching on each other.

Edited by Qie Niangao

8 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Landscaping that blends across parcel borders should be encouraged. It should be tastefully done, of course, but when it is, it's vastly preferable to a weirdly barren strip of No Man's Land where both sides avoid encroaching on each other.

encroachmentright.thumb.jpg.a846553e06583693e6916988d1cf021b.jpg

Right.

hugesigncensored.thumb.jpg.5f767cb61b0acb4f6c684272995c7720.jpg

Wrong.

(Censored to avoid naming and shaming.) Yes, that huge sign is on a 4m x4m parcel. It was ARd and is probably gone now.

The main legit cases for encroachment seem to be overhanging trees, and connecting your driveway to an adjacent Linden road. Which are the most common encroachments in real life.

Edited by animats
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.