Bellisseria Sailing

Vega Firelyte

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

I'm using Firestorm viewer. Just using region's default Windlight, ALM (i.e. Advanced Lighting Model) on, shadows on, all water reflections on. That's it.

Ah well, I guess it comes down to graphic card then. Carry on with sailboats! Didn't mean to derail. I only have a big clunky party boat I cruise around on, or I'd post a fave. I'm watching it here, because I'll invest in one if I get me a houseboat :)

Prototyped a marine railway for Bellesaria beach houses.

marinereailwayretractedmed.thumb.jpg.78deb86e01168227467ac7ee6fe5fef3.jpg

marinerailwaypartialmed.thumb.jpg.e8df3c41796e5ec292c84bf60291f322.jpg

marinerailwayfullmed.thumb.jpg.be8339b2f9c1f6da68d080faa365f52b.jpg

Track extends smoothly into the ocean so the boat can be moved over Linden beach, then retracts.

The track extension is a prim trick. The track is shortened by setting the "slice" parameter while moving the prim.

(This is a proof of concept in prims. It needs a proper mesh carriage to carry the boat. If some marine accessory creator wants to do this, let me know. I'd rather buy one from someone in the boat business than build this as a product. People would want it resizable, they'd want carriages custom-fit to their boats, they'd want custom paint jobs, and it would take too much customer service.)

• Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.