[Answered] Why not a waitlist/queue...?

PetitOurs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

The alternative is to rent land while you wait so you have a place to call home for now. It might not seem fair to have to pay rent, no. It's not fair that the older houses have half the prim allowance compared to the new homes and you're paying the same premium rates. But this is the system that is in place, and a system that we cannot change, no matter how "betrayed" we may feel. I'll say it again because it bears repeating; you are only homeless by choice. There are choices out there and they probably aren't ideal. You just have to decide what option works best for you. In saying all that I do sincerely wish you the best of luck and hope you do get the home you are waiting for soon. :) 

It's not ideal, I know that, but you can also rent a cheap skybox somewhere for next to nothing (though admittedly the prim allowance on those is also next to nothing), and that gives you a home base. Then you can tour all the home stores in SL (how many are there? I've been compiling a list and I have about 65 in there, but I'm sure there are more. Does anybody know of a centralised list?), go window shopping, and start planning what you're gonna buy with the amount of stipend you're not spending on the cheap skybox. And try out all the beds, as a comfy alternative to your skybox. The longer it takes to get a Linden home, the more money you'll have to spend when you finally get your home...😊

(You can also get much nicer temporary accommodation (ie tastefully furnished, with a nice surround view etc...) for more money. Nobody in SL has to be "homeless".)

Edited by Arquet
corrected a spelling mistake
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Arquet said:

It's not ideal, I know that, but you can also rent a cheap skybox somewhere for next to nothing (though admittedly the prim allowance on those is also next to nothing), and that gives you a home base. Then you can tour all the home stores in SL (how many are there? I've been compiling a list and I have about 65 in there, but I'm sure there are more. Does anybody know of a centralised list?), go window shopping, and start planning what you're gonna buy with the amount of stipend you're not spending on the cheap skybox. And try out all the beds, as a comfy alternative to your skybox. The longer it takes to get a Linden home, the more money you'll have to spend when you finally get your home...😊

(You can also get much nicer temporary accommodation (ie tastefully furnished, with a nice surround view etc...) for more money. Nobody is SL has to be "homeless".)

At the risk of offending... well pretty much anyone who doesn't own a home; Exactly. :) 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Arquet said:

(You can also get much nicer temporary accommodation (ie tastefully furnished, with a nice surround view etc...) for more money. Nobody in SL has to be "homeless".)

Well, if a person assumed that they'd be paying zero for tier/rent once going premium, I could see feeling nonplussed when they realize that in order to get a 1024 LH, they have to not use their existing tier while waiting for that home. 

This year is the first time since 2006 that I've had a premium avatar, and certainly during those years I was sometimes "homeless".   I lived in a sandbox for a long time; it was swept once a day while I was asleep.  So I'd login at ground level, rez my "build" platform, which happened to be a large grid with a fenced-in lawn area, and a very nice little fieldstone house (fireplace, armchair and a few other things).  Out "back" there was a little garden with a pose stand.  It was all one linkset of copiable things, probably still have it in inventory.  I'd move it up to 3152, and had a landmark for it in that location.  I'd go out and do stuff, and return to my litte "skybox" to unpack, script, sort, etc.. 

Then I found an oldbie's cabin on a mainland mountain ridge where she had left build on.  She no longer seemed to login, and I lived there for a while.  Always cleaned up after myself, and only occasionally saw another avatar in the region.  Not a great view, snowy land & small parcels everywhere, but inside felt cozy enough.  Never saw one piece of junk on the property.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.