[Answered] Why not a waitlist/queue...?

PetitOurs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

the idea of a waitlist/queue/lottery lists has come up quite a lot on here.. All the various methods, whay and what fors have been been discussed in depth as well

you don't see many of them as they often turn into a circle of doom, between those who think lists would be good for them, and others who think not.  Which then results in the whole thread being deleted by the moderators

Makes sense why I havent seen one :)  No need for negativity tornadoes 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

no - actually there have been at least 3 similar threads before all torpedoed into deletion by people who already had a home* ... 

*don't ask me for the logics on that please - just my observation

I was not aware of censorship in the forums as i am not here any amount. People debate pointlessly a lot and escalate seemingly harmless conversations  in forums for sure , but it is actually to raise their personal prestige in their own mind , they don't really care about the debate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PetitOurs said:

If the servers cant handle the Bellisseria refreshes and people want the peace of mind, why not sign up for the kind of home you want and wait for it to be allocated? I think everyone could breathe easier.

LL announce there will now be a queue.

Everyone piles on to try and get in early, mad panic, followed by disappointment and disenfranchisement.

Everyone who didn't get a number on day one will assume that their number is so high it might take years, so they wont hold on and wait.

LL release homes, they go to ticketed people in order. There will be a variable delay between LL offering and the resident taking occupancy.

The impression will be that the community is empty, or that people have claimed homes and can't be bothered to move in, followed by complaints from people who signed up just to get a ticket, only to drop membership when their monthly membership renewal ticks over and they still haven't gotten one.

The complaining now is nothing next to the complaining a ticket based system will produce.

A lottery system will feel even more unfair, some people will enter and loose every single time, forever.

First come first serve keeps engagement and anticipation high. You might not like it, but you're still here.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

LL announce there will now be a queue.

Everyone piles on to try and get in early, mad panic, followed by disappointment and disenfranchisement.

Everyone who didn't get a number on day one will assume that their number is so high it might take years, so they wont hold on and wait.

LL release homes, they go to ticketed people in order. There will be a variable delay between LL offering and the resident taking occupancy.

The impression will be that the community is empty, or that people have claimed homes and can't be bothered to move in, followed by complaints from people who signed up just to get a ticket, only to drop membership when their monthly membership renewal ticks over and they still haven't gotten one.

The complaining now is nothing next to the complaining a ticket based system will produce.

A lottery system will feel even more unfair, some people will enter and loose every single time, forever.

First come first serve keeps engagement and anticipation high. You might not like it, but you're still here.

Good input, thank you :) Makes sense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoffeeDujour said:

as was discussed in the last thread about a lottery before it got deleted

it doesn't have to be a binary choice: Lottery game or Refresh game

there can be both simultaneously.  Some homes are allocated by  Lottery and some homes are allocated by Refresh. When so then some people will enter the lottery and be happy to leave it at that. Others will continue to refresh. And others, probably most, will do both

17 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

as was discussed in the last thread about a lottery before it got deleted

it doesn't have to be a binary choice: Lottery game or Refresh game

there can be both simultaneously.  Some homes are allocated by  Lottery and some homes are allocated by Refresh. When so then some people will enter the lottery and be happy to leave it at that. Others will continue to refresh. And others, probably most, will do both

Lottery also comes with homes being allocated to accounts and then sitting for an undetermined amount of time before being claimed. Don't assume everyone who has an active sl sub is active in sl. 

Homes need to be in the hands of people who will actively take immediate ownership in order to build the community.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Lottery also comes with homes being allocated to accounts and then sitting for an undetermined amount of time before being claimed. Don't assume everyone who has an active sl sub is active in sl. 

Homes need to be in the hands of people who will actively take immediate ownership in order to build the community.

one idea that got discussed previously about how a lottery can work efficiently is that there would be no claim period.  That a lottery ticket costs 1024m tiers to be available for a home prize to be won.  When so then the winner gets notified by email where the home is, and done

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Huh? What happened to my post in this thread?! I assure you, it was a pretty mild one. :) 

I've sometimes had posts removed because they were in response to the main target of the removal. So sometimes a post can be mild and you won't get warnings for it. Just it was part of that line of conversation and some people were not so mild.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Polenth Yue said:

I've sometimes had posts removed because they were in response to the main target of the removal. So sometimes a post can be mild and you won't get warnings for it. Just it was part of that line of conversation and some people were not so mild.

Thanks. That makes sense. Guess it wasn't meant to be, :) 

6 minutes ago, SweetTaffeyLove said:

I feel the same..homeless and no one cares. Brother can you spare a houseboat?

I don't have a houseboat at all much less one to spare, so I can't really help you out there, sorry.

But what I do want to clarify, and I don't mean to come across as offensive or belittle you at all (and I hope you don't take it that way as it's not intentional), is that you are only homeless by choice. If you are a premium member you can still get a house right now, just not perhaps the type of house you are after. No one is guaranteed a new house in Bellisseria. We are only guaranteed a premium house. And premium houses still exist in the older regions. So there are houses there for premium members to claim. You just can't have a premium house (not even an old one) and then try to claim a new one when it becomes available. You can only ever have one premium house at a time per account. But that's the risk you have to take. It's the same any premium member has to make. We've all had to decide, and so do you.

The alternative is to rent land while you wait so you have a place to call home for now. It might not seem fair to have to pay rent, no. It's not fair that the older houses have half the prim allowance compared to the new homes and you're paying the same premium rates. But this is the system that is in place, and a system that we cannot change, no matter how "betrayed" we may feel. I'll say it again because it bears repeating; you are only homeless by choice. There are choices out there and they probably aren't ideal. You just have to decide what option works best for you. In saying all that I do sincerely wish you the best of luck and hope you do get the home you are waiting for soon. :) 

• Like 4

I had to give up my Meadowbrook style SL Home for a chance at a Traditional or Houseboat style SL Home. I don't make the rules because if i did I would say,  keep your old home until we get you the new one, so you won't be Homeless!!!

Edited by SweetTaffeyLove

8 minutes ago, SweetTaffeyLove said:

I had to give up my Meadowbrook style SL Home for a chance at a Traditional or Houseboat style SL Home. I don't make the rules because if i did I would say,  keep your old home until we get you the new one, so you won't be Homeless!!!

13 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

But this is the system that is in place, and a system that we cannot change, no matter how "betrayed" we may feel.

Good to see if nothing else despite our differences we can agree on some things! :) 

• Like 3

On 7/11/2019 at 3:47 PM, CoffeeDujour said:

On 7/11/2019 at 4:06 PM, Mae Omizu said:

That would be me. Everytime. 🤣

Me too, on top of feeling ripped off and homeless!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.